I just went to the USPS website and...

Guest Admin

that is cool, but too bad those bastards keep raising rates especially overseas. Plus, it would be really nice if they could offer a flat rate box that held LPs. still that is cool.

that is cool, but too bad those bastards keep raising rates especially overseas. Plus, it would be really nice if they could offer a flat rate box that held LPs. still that is cool.

yea I agree. Actually I think burtwolf told me that you can use one of the larger flat rate boxes, just don't put it together, keep it flat, and LPs fit in quite nicely.

Guest chassit
Hahaha... is there any significance to that symbol on the label of the record? I saw it on a vinyl-related t-shirt in another thread.

- Jeff

Its not a symbol, its a spacer to fit in the hole of old 45's to fit in the smaller hole.

pwntcakes

yea, i saw that banner ad on usps the other day too, but i forgot to go back and click on it to see if it was anything special.

i do use the "large" priority boxes to ship vinyl to US addresses and save my proper LP mailers for overseas shipments. unless i have mailers lying around from stuff i've bought, then i just recycle those first.

you can fold them flat and tape the edges and they work pretty well, never had any complaints. someone sent me a record this way once, so i started doing it to save a bit on mailers. you can only do this w/ the regular Priority boxes though; you have to use the Flat Rate Priority boxes as they are for some reason.

a priority flat rate envelope w/ some pieces of cardboard on a 7" work for those too, but i usually have spare 7" mailers around.

they've gotten really fascist about using the priority labels on other stuff too, even if you cut off the priority part of it. so now i cut off all the identifying bits and just use the rest of the label.

usps tricks of the day...