Melvins: (a) Senile Animal 4XLP Set avail now!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck my useless aussie dollar. its at 66 cents at the moment - a full third wiped off the value in the space of the month.

which means, my days of buying vinyl from the US are over...

...hopefully, only for a short time though (if the aussie can regain some value).

really wanted that blue set too.

shit.

It's at 66 cents now!!? holy shit, and here i was going nuts when i heard on the news yesterday about it hitting 74 cents..And to think only a couple of months ago we were almost level with the US dollar at 97c

This blows..

fuck my useless aussie dollar. its at 66 cents at the moment - a full third wiped off the value in the space of the month.

...hopefully, only for a short time though (if the aussie can regain some value).

shit.

It's at 66 cents now!!? holy shit, and here i was going nuts when i heard on the news yesterday about it hitting 74 cents..And to think only a couple of months ago we were almost level with the US dollar at 97c

This blows..

have a look at xe.com/ucc . 67.86 cents. went a bit overboard with the 66 cents quote.

shits enough to make me cry.

This blows..

have a look at xe.com/ucc . 67.86 cents. went a bit overboard with the 66 cents quote.

I did just after i posted actually, and to think when i first heard about this whole 'US Financial Crisis' debacle i was under the impression things would even back out somewhat..instead our currency's dropping like a stone.

I'm with you, im going to have to really cut down on buying records from the US for a while i think.

I did just after i posted actually, and to think when i first heard about this whole 'US Financial Crisis' debacle i was under the impression things would even back out somewhat..instead our currency's dropping like a stone.

I'm with you, im going to have to really cut down on buying records from the US for a while i think.

dont bother from the UK either - 37.76 pence to the dollar. havent rudd and co. assured as that australia was in a much better position to deal with the crisis than many other countries? stockbrokers certainly dont think so with the rapidity of them selling aussie dollars off.

sorry to hijack the thread a touch.

damn shame i'm gonna miss out on this set. i'm gonna assume you aint buying either BDanger? a pisser it is coz the album is pretty fucking good.

shit.

same thing is keeping me from buying this, and a bunch of other stuff I want.

The dollar should stabilize in the New Year though, probably back to around/above 75c. The US$ is over-inflated at the moment because people there are repatriating their currency to buy Treasury bonds. It's just a short-term bounce.

shit.

same thing is keeping me from buying this, and a bunch of other stuff I want.

The dollar should stabilize in the New Year though, probably back to around/above 75c. The US$ is over-inflated at the moment because people there are repatriating their currency to buy Treasury bonds. It's just a short-term bounce.

that sounds positive thebaroness. sure hope this eventuates. although, it probably still means i aint getting one of these sets - especially if we gotta wait till next year!

My blue copy came really quickly and I was totally impressed with the care taken in packaging the thing so it wouldn't get damaged. Unlike all the other times I ordered from BCD, this time they took the time to do a stellar job in making sure the records would be least likely to be harmed. It was actually worth the expensive shipping this time for the packing job.

Since I always slammed them in the past for their inflated shipping and lazy/poor packing, I had to point out when they did it right.

sold out!

You sure? I just clicked on the BCD store link and it seems all three color set are back up...including the clear blue one...

Nevermind...I'm an idiot and didn't read thoroughly where it was "out of stock" and you don't have option to add anything to your cart.

dont bother from the UK either - 37.76 pence to the dollar. havent rudd and co. assured as that australia was in a much better position to deal with the crisis than many other countries? stockbrokers certainly dont think so with the rapidity of them selling aussie dollars off.

sorry to hijack the thread a touch.

damn shame i'm gonna miss out on this set. i'm gonna assume you aint buying either BDanger? a pisser it is coz the album is pretty fucking good.

Same here, was considering this - but decided against it. Look's like a great set. I hope fans got all the copies, not ebay hounds.

Latest blog post from HH

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Before you buy from EBAY...

Before you consider buying something recent of ours on ebay...like, oh shall we say, the new Melvins 4xLP on the Hydra Head exclusive color vinyl set of blue...drop us a line and see if we've got it in stock. Someone left a comment earlier pointing out this ebay auction so we figured a quick reminder couldn't hurt...if you are interested in getting the Melvins 4xLP on blue (or on either of the other sets) ($49 each) then please email [email protected] with yr request. Also, in case yr curious, the blue color set is limited to 600 sets. Chel has also got the comic ($6) and belt buckle $15) available as well if either of those are up your alley.

Just like so many of you outed dubmaverick last month, please don't hesitate to forward any info you got on other ebay opportunists. And for the record, we don't have a problem with ebay or with folks auctioning titles of ours that have clearly been in their collections...its the folks that buy to sell...the ones that don't even listen to the shit they are buying...those folks we could do with out. Thanks again...

posted by Hydra Headlines at 1:05 AM