not so flashy designed records.

sometimes i really appreciate older or even newer singles that just come with a sleeve, maybe a xerox jacket or piece of paper or insert, or just nothing at all. with a big hole in the middle, and uniform labels on both sides, with just the song titles. it has a certain charm to it. anyone who has some carbonas singles can see what i mean.

anyone else agree?

I'm not the biggest fan of all the splatter/swirly/whatever, but if that's what's being done now, so be it.

The xerox'd paper "jacket" is a bit frustrating at times, as some of them just don't fit in the sleeves I use. Or like the Lawrence Arms asian man LPs. I don't like that sort of "jacket".

heavens' patent pending was like this. i like it, and i understand what they were trying to do with it, but i just wish it wouldn't have taken like 9 months longer than they said it was going to. i remember being pretty disappointed when i opened it up after that long of a wait. i was expecting a little more.

I prefer record sleeves without those extra thick spines, that take up too much space on the shelves. Sure, the Boris/Merzbow - 'Rock Dream' triple-lp or Sigur Rós - 'Takk...' album look fantastic, but if every one of my records were box sets or housed in fancy, special-designed covers, there would be no room for them all.