I need help finding articles!

I'm writing an argumentative paper about music downloading (illegal or otherwise) and how it is not such a detriment on the music industry as labels state. I can't find any articles though! I was hoping maybe some of you here would know about a few that I could use. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I've done that. I can only get abstracts of articles that would be of any help. I think I might just change my subject to like, globabl warming or something equally boring.

you should be able to get lexis nexis or whatever. You could also try skipping the internet search option and just calling some folks up. Call some record label people, try some entertainment attorneys, try some artists, try some notable major label haters (Ian MacKaye is easy to reach, maybe try Steve Albini, etc.)

Might not seem as easy, but it would be way more fun.

^^^^ this.

if you do end up going to all that trouble, i would love to read your end result.

whatever you do, don't change your topic to global warming or anything boring like that. (no, i'm not saying it's not important, i'm just saying it's not nearly as important to you personally, so you wouldn't enjoy writing it, and therefore the paper wouldn't be nearly as good).

good luck regardless.

a conversation with a label owner is still a source and is recognized as such by universities. i did a music paper in school and talked to an indy record store owner and used him as a source and the prof loved it.

when it comes to music real knowledge isnt contained in books or articles. you will get way more out of talking to people whos primary source of income is music

I wrote this exact paper and used Radiohead as one of my main examples, because before Kid A was released, it leaked onto Napster, and then debuted at #1, which was totally unprecedented being that this was the peak of the shitty boy-band pop craze. That, and the whole In-Rainbows-make-2.7-million-dollars thing. I got a 96% on it, so I guess I did pretty good. Most of my main sources were on info databases like Ebscohost (talk to someone at the library, they'll show you how to get on), but here are some good online sources I found:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2007/10/trent_reznor_and_saul_williams.html

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2000/radiohead.html

http://www.law.cornell.edu/copyright/cases/239_F3d_1004.htm