Storing Records without Damaging Jackets/Sleeves.

corbet

I'm just curious as to how you store your records without damaging them? I know printed sleeves tend to get record ring over time - hell, my Planet of Ice record had record ring right after I bought it.

If you properly store records vertically, not too tight between the one next to it, will a jacket get record ring over time if you store the record in a white sleeve inside the jacket? Is it best to keep the record in a sleeve outside the jacket (in a poly bag perhaps)?

I keep my stuff in the normal bags and I've never had a new record that has had ring wear. Ring wear is created by two unbagged records rubbing against each other.

So if you put the clear plastic sleeves around like, every other record, it would reduce ringwear? That would be nice. I hope that works.

I keep my stuff in the normal bags and I've never had a new record that has had ring wear. Ring wear is created by two unbagged records rubbing against each other.

So if you put the clear plastic sleeves around like, every other record, it would reduce ringwear? That would be nice. I hope that works.

haha... Yeah, probably.