The Bronx Social Club 7": £20!!!

So i saw The Bronx last night, i noticed they were selling a Social Club 7", figured i'd get one on my way out but the merch stall was packed, my friend said he'd pick one up for me and bring it to work today. I was just informed that there were 4 for sale and were £20 each!!!

As much as i love The Bronx this is a joke, whoever set the price of the items on the merch stand were obviously looking to make a quick buck due to these records being very limited. Shit like this should never happen, if people make a point of coming down for doors in order to pick up limited records such as this they should be rewarded for it, not punished for wanting something that's had a limited pressing.

Has anyone else come across any other bands hiking the prices of hard to find or limited records on tour?

I've definitely noticed a trend of touring bands marking up their "limited" releases to near-ebay prices. I know Jay Reatard was selling all 6 of his Matador 7"s for $100 per set on this tour.

What really annoys me is when bands sell their limited versions for more money - i.e.- The Queers selling their latest LP for $20 on Grey, $10 for Black at their shows.

Bands trying to cut out the middle man (ebay sellers) is a good thing. They're the ones that deserve the money, not some dickhead who had $5 at the show last night.

That's neither here nor there, whether the limited records they sell for $5 on tour go for $100 on ebay is totally irrelevant. As a vinyl aficionado you should realise this could be applied pretty much across the board. If Gaslight had sold the SOS demos for $250 or Converge sell the Jane Doe repress for $100 to start with no one would see this as a "good thing". People who get to shows early or sit on the internet waiting for a preorder to launch should feel that the time they've invested in picking up a release is worth it in the end, not fucked for a quick buck because the record is limited and therefore might be worth 10x it's original price in the future.

Bands trying to cut out the middle man (ebay sellers) is a good thing. They're the ones that deserve the money, not some dickhead who had $5 at the show last night.

If it was really about money, the band would press more to make more money. Kind of like all of these represses these days...

your .gif is out of this world