NBA Discussion

[image]

I got my new Garnett jersey today, wore it, left during the 2nd quarter to go see True Grit with my family and then check my phone after the movie and see they gave it up at the end of the 4th quarter :( I do like the Magic though too. I also kind of caught myself rooting for the Lakers today just because of how much I hate the Heat.

This is what's so frustrating about being a Grizzlies fan, they can compete against any team in the league and win against the top teams but then get beat by like the Cavs and Kings (although that was luck). I know they can win every night, it's just consistency.

Thats the Lakers problem. They have the best team in the league and should win about 70 games this year (obviously that wont happen) but they go out and get beat by terrible teams all the time. They should be blowing teams out and instead are getting blown out. The inconsistency is what is so frustrating.

Something is definitely up with the Lakers. I dunno what it is, they have the best line up they have had in years. Really deep bench and a great starting 5.

They just need to stop fucking around and acting like they can beat anyone without trying.

Kobe needs to go beat a couple's ass and straighten 'em out.

They really need to get Bynum/Pau/Odom more involved. When Kobe is scoring 30 every nite, it isnt a good thing. When they are more balanced they win way more games.

so if the celtics continue on this rocky road without KG, and they go on to win it all, does he have a case for mvp? weve seen this before, and i dont think its ever been so apparent how much this team needs him

so if the celtics continue on this rocky road without KG, and they go on to win it all, does he have a case for mvp? weve seen this before, and i dont think its ever been so apparent how much this team needs him

Well they just got Rondo back and have been without Shaq, Jermaine O'neal, and Erden for some games too, as well as Delonte West and Perkins being out.

If all of them are back to even like 80%, I don't see anyone beating them in the playoffs considering how well they have still played without the hurt players. They are a much deeper team this year than last year for sure and they pulled it out. KG has been playing at a level though that I didn't think he'd be back to after his injuries.

i was gonna be furious if they lost last night, but that was a real exciting 4th quarter.

dont know if anyone caught this weeks power rankings, but with the celtics at #3, this was the tidbit that followed: Injuries are the obvious issue, but the numbers are still startling: Boston lost seven of its first nine games starting with Christmas 2008, eight of 12 right after Christmas 2009 and three of four starting with Christmas 2010.

eesh

• 5 weeks later...
Rumors of a Carmello for Bynum trade. I really hope this happens haha.

I doubt that happens. Denver already has Nene and Birdman and Bynum hasn't played a solid season in the last 4 years and is too injury prone. If he had a cheap contract that would be one thing but he's at like $15Mil a year. Denver also already said they weren't interested in Artest and Odem, which was another proposed deal. Denver should have taken NJs deal if they aren't going to work with the Knicks. However I think all this talk of going to the Lakers is just a big ploy to get NY to reconsider what they are offering. Denver is gonna want a 2 of these players, Gallinari, Chandler, and Fields. I heard them talking on NBA tonight about how even though those guys are good, they are definitely replaceable so NY will probably get moving to deal 2 of them.