NBA Discussion

rumors:

suns trying to push through a sign and trade deal with the knicks to get something for amare in return (probably david lee whose contract the knicks would like to see gone). apparently, it would be beneficial to both teams and amare would come out with a bit more money (as if it makes much of a difference when youre talking about a $100 mil).

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/07/05/20100705phoenix-suns-amare-stoudemire-plan.html

bosh to cleveland in a sign and trade looks like a good possibility as well. id say that would seal the deal on lebron returning to cleveland...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

if that bosh trade happens then major LOL at new york and chicago (unless wade packs his bags and heads to chicago by himself... havent really hard anything about him going to NY but maybe?) but it would come as no surprise since amare was already talking about getting tony parker and carmello anthony to come to new york NEXT YEAR.

O'Neil is likely to be gone and the sign and trade deal for Bosh would most likely include Verejao and J.J. Hickson. It still is not a finals winning team and Bosh does not want to play in Cleveland at all.

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that Lebron is doing a one hour ESPN special on Thursday night to announce where he's going? Talk about ego.

my friend works for collegehumor so on facebook i always see his updates on things he's promoting and occasionally i'll click on them if they seem interesting (they rarely are anymore, though). this one was called "things us 90s kids now know" or something like that, and it had this:

[image]

i love kobe, no doubt. he's my favorite current athlete. but seriously, no matter what he does on the court, how could he ever top Space Jam? MJ wins by default.

^^ in addition to those, paul pierce back to boston. jermain o'neil signed with the celtics as well, and (if it hasn't happened already) it's looking like ray allen is re-signing with them too.

the nets signed travis outlaw to a pretty big contract (for somebody who isn't really all that great) today, too.

Rumor of Turkoglu headed to Phoenix for Barbosa.

I could take or leave Diaw, but I've always liked Barbosa, and Turk was obviously useless last year and if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here. So good trade as far as I'm concerned.

edit: Turkoglu's Wikipedia page says this trade happened yesterday: "On July 11, 2010, the Phoenix Suns went and traded Leandro Barbosa to the Raptors in exchange for Hedo, along with a trade of a future second round draft pick for the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Josh Childress."

According to various reports, the Raptors are on the verge of shipping Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix for guard Leandro Barbosa and forward Dwayne Jones. The Raptors would then reportedly ship forward Reggie Evans and guard Jose Calderon to the Charlotte Bobcats for forward Boris Diaw and centre Tyson Chandler.