NBA Discussion

Lol at Kobe getting shut down and out-dueled by Hayward. Good for Hayward.

I guess if you call scoring 20 points getting shut down. Hayward only outscored him by 2 points.

Hayward: 9-14 FG. / 2-4 3PT

Kobe: 6-18 FG. / 2-6 3PT

Kobe fouled Hayward to give him the go-ahead freethrow with 6 seconds left.

Not to mention that dunk Hayward got after running right around him.

Hayward also guarded Kobe on the final play in which he fumbled the ball out of bounds.

I do indeed call that being shut down and out-dueled!

Y'know. Just sayin'.

haha I guess so. He played better than Kobe for a game but I still wouldnt say he shut him down.He played him well, Im not denying that. He shot a higher % than Kobe and outscored him by 2 pts., not that big of a deal really. He was guarding Kobe on the last play but he had nothing to do with Kobe fumbling it, he just lot his grip on it.

Im sure when he goes home and see's 5 rings sitting there he will forget about one less than stellar game :)

$100K fine for Kobe....seems a bit extreme.

anything less would have been a PR nightmare for the league.

i dont doubt that worse has been said or will be said on an NBA court (personally, i couldnt care less what they say to each other) but come on - these guys should know better with the cameras on. pretty sure this falls under "being in the public eye 101". especially a player of his caliber/celebrity/whatever.

$100K fine for Kobe....seems a bit extreme.

anything less would have been a PR nightmare for the league.

i dont doubt that worse has been said or will be said on an NBA court (personally, i couldnt care less what they say to each other) but come on - these guys should know better with the cameras on. pretty sure this falls under "being in the public eye 101". especially a player of his caliber/celebrity/whatever.

Yea he should definitely be fined. I just think $100k is excessive.

James Harrison got a $100k fine from the NFL last year after repeated illegal hits and was fined previously for illegal hits earlier in the year. Thats far more dangerous (and it wasnt his first time) than yelling some derogatory slurs at an official. It should have been something in the $25k-$50k range. Im not sayin what he did was right or defending anything he did, it was 100% wrong and he's already come out and owned up to it and apologized. I just dont think the punishment fit the crime here.

Whatever, Kobe probably has $100k lost in his couch haha.

What happened in that Laker game last night?? I was keeping up with the score on my phone (to see what seed the Mavs would end up as) and the Lakers dominated the whole night. Then I refresh my phone again and it's 99-99 and going into OT. Wow.

Typical Lakers. Big lead, blow the lead. Barely hang on at the end.

They REALLY needed that win last nite too. It was pretty ridiculous how badly they played in the second half.

If they lost they would have gotten Portland in the first round who ALWAYS gives them a tough time. Since they won they got the Hornets in the first round who they swept this year and should sweep in the first round.

I hope Manu broke his arm for all the times he has flopped and not really been close to being hurt.

hahaha, seriously.

Memphis got the Spurs in the first round, right?

Alot of people are pissed saying they tanked on purpose and we should have kept fighting to try and get the Mavs but the thing is we might not have gotten the Mavs anyway playing all starters so I understand the move, especially after what happened to Bynum and Manu. I really feel like we have a good shot against the Spurs. Also Manu was just announced as doubtful for Sundays game.

hahaha, seriously.

Memphis got the Spurs in the first round, right?

Alot of people are pissed saying they tanked on purpose and we should have kept fighting to try and get the Mavs but the thing is we might not have gotten the Mavs anyway playing all starters so I understand the move, especially after what happened to Bynum and Manu. I really feel like we have a good shot against the Spurs. Also Manu was just announced as doubtful for Sundays game.

Memphis could totally beat the Spurs, especially if they dont have Manu. The Spurs are not as good as their record shows. Even if I wasnt a Laker fan I would think the Lakers have the best team (at least in the West) and would be the favorite to make it to the Finals. There are quite a few teams who I think will give them a tough time tho. OKC, Memphis, Portland...they could all beat the Lakers. Id rather play the Spurs or Mavs than one of those 3 teams.

The way I see the East and West -

East -

- Bulls are the Cavs of recent years

- Heat have the most raw talent and should be the favorite to win out in the East

- Celtics will either find a way to dominate without a strong center presence or lose in the second round to the Heat

- Magic have the best bench depth in the East by far but are off and on. If they're on, I expect them to make it to the East finals over the Bulls EASILY.

East Final - Magic and Heat - While I'm an impartial Magic fan, I think this one is really a toss-up

West -

- Spurs will flop, either 1st or 2nd round

- Lakers will, despite recent woes, breeze into the West finals

- Mavs are really could go either way but I don't think they have the talent to beat the Lakers in 7

- Thunder has a great chance of making the West finals if they play well

- Trailblazers are my dark horse, they're young and fast and match up well to just about anyone for a 7 game series.

West Final - Thunder and Lakers - Lakers beat OKC last postseason, though OKC is a better team now. It's all about whether Durant gets scoring help.

The Final I'd LIKE to see - Thunder and Magic

The Final we will probably see - Lakers and Heat

The way I see the East and West -

East -

- Bulls are the Cavs of recent years

- Heat have the most raw talent and should be the favorite to win out in the East

- Celtics will either find a way to dominate without a strong center presence or lose in the second round to the Heat

- Magic have the best bench depth in the East by far but are off and on. If they're on, I expect them to make it to the East finals over the Bulls EASILY.

East Final - Magic and Heat - While I'm an impartial Magic fan, I think this one is really a toss-up

West -

- Spurs will flop, either 1st or 2nd round

- Lakers will, despite recent woes, breeze into the West finals

- Mavs are really could go either way but I don't think they have the talent to beat the Lakers in 7

- Thunder has a great chance of making the West finals if they play well

- Trailblazers are my dark horse, they're young and fast and match up well to just about anyone for a 7 game series.

West Final - Thunder and Lakers - Lakers beat OKC last postseason, though OKC is a better team now. It's all about whether Durant gets scoring help.

The Final I'd LIKE to see - Thunder and Magic

The Final we will probably see - Lakers and Heat

im puzzled as to why youre almost completely writing off the bulls... the best and hottest team in basketball.

Exactly because of how they played today. Regular season doesn't translate to a 7 game series. Any good team can eliminate the advantage of one great player over a long series.

How they played today? You mean how Derrick Rose took over the game and got them the win? Also, Korver sinking that 3 to take the lead in the 4th was pretty clutch.