NBA Discussion

i turned that game off a long time ago.

saw my sister tweet "hahahaha lakers"

turned it on with 3.1 seconds left.

wtf happened

Are you guys serious? Kidd had Kobe with both hands around the waist then forced his way between Pau and Kobe and knocked Kobe away from the ball and came up with the "steal". That was actually 2 separate fouls

Obviously refs miss foul calls during any game but when its coming down to the end and one player makes an obvious foul you have call it. Also I have no idea what you're talking about when you say the refs practically handed the game to the Lakers.

I know everyone like to hate on the Lakers and Kobe but that was a ridiculous no call.

I missed both games last night because I was supposed to be moved back home for the summer already so Comcast cut my cable and internet off in the first quarter of the Bulls game. I'm home now though because there is no way I'm missing the Grizzlies game tonight.

Also do any other teams do this?

For every away playoff game the Grizzlies open up the FedEx Forum and have a free watch party on the jumbotrons. There are party jumpers and stuff for the kids as well but I think it's pretty cool. They also have organization sponsored "Watch Parties" all over Memphis at different bars and venues throughout the regular season for away games as well.

I totally get that, most NBA games tons of missed call throughout the game.

When its coming down to the end of a game like this and someone is getting ready to take a final shot (or close to a final shot) you have to make that call. The foul on Kidd was more blatant that the foul they called on Pau defending Dirk at the end.

Eh whatever, I still fully expect the Lakers to win the West.

We have ourselves another rivalry Travis :) Let's hope this goes the same way the Rangers went last year.

What made me mad was the free throw that Kidd missed that would have made it a 3 point game. But he missed one. If Kobe would have hit that three pointer, it would have been in Kidd's face.

Edit: Travis....Deja is your avatar.......is there something up your sleeve?!?!?!?!?!

Luckily the Lakers can win on the road. They will win game 2, for sure. If they lose the series is over.

I expect this to be a good series. Dirk is pretty much un-guardable. Pau really needs to step up big here. The Lakers bench has to do something, they are getting worked. I think this goes 6 but I think the Lakers take it :)

Im not even wearing sleeves.

ok, maybe itll just be the nba giving the heat a title.

i missed the entire 4th quarter of the lakers game. got home, turned it on with a minute left, couldnt believe the score.

Yes, Dirk Nowitzki! I hope they go far.

Hopefully Ron Artest gets suspended, jeez. Such an asshole.

Also, I've had to listen to some of my friends who are Laker fans since G1

relentlessly talk about how Kobe got fouled by Kidd on the final play.

So I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4QNreM9X0o&hl=en&fs=1

Upon watching this video I realized Kobe fell because he twisted his already hurt ankle and fell due to it. He yells out when it happens.

Just watch. Also notice when he gets up he doesn't put weight on it. I didn't really see Kidd do anything to merit a foul here.

Just sayin'!

Yes Kobe was fouled there. Kidd had him around the waist when he was going to Pau for the ball and Kidd rode him the whole time. Yea Kobe twisted his ankle and fell but he was fouled before that.

Doesnt really matter now tho, they are down 0-2 and will likely lose the series unless Dallas has some kind of massive collapse which I dont see happening. Oh well.

I guess Im going for the Heat in the series. I dunno it pains me to have either of those teams do well. I just cant root for the Celtics...ever.