NBA Discussion

But Travis! The Mavericks are the masters of massive collapses in the playoffs!

What a beautiful collapse.

Mavs look so good. It was a pretty even game up until the end. Lakers had it in the bag, but the Mavs pushed and found a way to turn the tables. Ended the game on a 20-7 run (or something like that). The Mavs could not get any points in the paint, but they found other ways to score. I love it!

That's what is sad guy is a coaching legend and just having to go out like this....so it goes.

Very true. Either way, if I were Phil, I would just be glad it ended now as opposed to getting swept in the finals...that would have sucked.

Phil Jackson is a coaching legend, but like I've said before,

I would've liked to have seen him coach a team without superstars.

Also, let's give a round of applause to Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for keeping it classy in their last game of the season,

and Phil Jacksons last game as a coach! Whooo!

[image]

[image]

Poor Barea. :-/

Thanks for the memories, Lakers of 2010-2011.

he better face some legitimate consequences.. fine, suspension next season.

i left my friends house at the end of the 3rd in the chi/atl game. turned it on when it was tied with 5 minutes left.

what the shit lead to the refs calling absolutely nothing in favor of the bulls? im almost entirely impartial to the series, and it was painful to watch how easily the hawks were able to just kind of steamroll.

rose got fouled, and noah was screwed on what absolutely should have been a charge on a fast break.

Yea everything about the Lakers in the last series was pretty terrible. It was hard to watch cause they played at about 1/1000 of their ability.

The Bynum cheap shot was inexcusable, the Odom thing wasnt that bad. Frustration foul and should have been a flagrant but no way is that a flagrant 2. Not that it really mattered, the game was already out of hand.

Im not pulling for whoever wins the Memphis/OKC series in the West and the Bulls in the East. As long as Boston or Miami dont wint it all Ill be happy.

I agree...the Odom foul wasn't that bad. It was definitely flagrant, but I didn't think he should have been tossed for it. My only guess is that the refs wanted to let the other players know that they weren't having any of that crap. But the Odom foul was made worse when Bynum committed that stupid foul. In his interview, he said he was frustrated and it was embarrassing to have the smallest man on the court driving and making shots. He didn't even bother to apologize or say he shouldn't have committed that foul.

while the odom foul wasnt *bad*, thats still not how you handle going out. i dont want to say he doesnt respect jacksons legacy, but it was absent minded not to consider what he was doing.

but at the same time, it was just as out of line for dirk to even be in the game at that point.

I think the reason they called the Odom one like that was because the game was already out of hand and everyone knew the Lakers weren't going to win and the foul was intentional so they tried to take care of it real quick and make sure things didn't get out of hand. That still didn't work though since the whole Bynum thing happened like a minute later.

while the odom foul wasnt *bad*, thats still not how you handle going out. i dont want to say he doesnt respect jacksons legacy, but it was absent minded not to consider what he was doing.

but at the same time, it was just as out of line for dirk to even be in the game at that point.

Yeah. The Mavs definitely should have taken Dirk out while the Lakers were still playing Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, & Odom ::) Get real! Also, what good would it have done to put in bench players? Are you forgetting the fact that the Mavs bench put up 81 pts on the Lakers last night? Thats 5 pts less than the entire Lakers team.

PS- Dirk made one field goal in the fourth quarter. A three pointer 2 minutes into the quarter. In fact, that was his only shot of the quarter. Now that its established that you don't know shit, move on.

they were up by 24 points. dirk did not need to be in the game. i dont know shit? get the fuck out.

and fuck the celtics for that pussy-shit performance in ot. it looked like they did suicides between the 4th and ot... came out doggin it, with no drive whatsoever. a completely different team than what we saw the rest of the game.

and how can you put the celtics on a lower level of tolerable than miami? im not asking this as a celtics fan- but as a basketball fan. their entire fucking game is running directly into a defender with his arms up, driving a shoulder into his chest, and getting the foul call because the refs are a bunch of faggots who have lost all concept of what a foul really is.

none of that is to say that it was the case tonight. i fucking despise miami, but they made the plays when they needed to tonight. probably the very first time i saw them win a game without serious assistance from the stripes.