NBA Discussion

The great thing about being the Lakers is that one of your stars can be playing well below their potential and you can still dominate games.

Pau hasnt even showed up in this series and Kobe didnt do shit last nite either. Their best 2 players did almost nothing last nite and they still won pretty easily. Its a nice luxury having someone like Odom coming off the bench and having three 7 footers. Odom came in and took over. Earned that 6th man award.

The great thing about being the Lakers is that one of your stars can be playing well below their potential and you can still dominate games.

Pau hasnt even showed up in this series and Kobe didnt do shit last nite either. Their best 2 players did almost nothing last nite and they still won pretty easily. Its a nice luxury having someone like Odom coming off the bench and having three 7 footers. Odom came in and took over. Earned that 6th man award.

I will always love to hate the Lakers just like I hate the Yankees because they are always at least decent if not great and they seem to be able to get any player they want, but you have to respect how well that team is built.

Marc>Pau

Now THAT is some funny shit

So far in the playoffs that is exactly the case.

Game 1

Marc: 24 pts (9/10 FG), 9 reb, 3 assists, 2 blocks

Pau: 8 pts (2/9 FG), 6 reb, 6 assists, 2 blocks

Game 2

Marc: 12 pts (2/9 FG), 17 reb, 2 assists, 1 block

Pau: 8 pts (2/10 FG), 5 reb, 1 assist, 3 blocks

Not to mention that Marc is playing against a hall of famer in Duncan vs the back up bigs that Pau is playing against for the Hornets.

Now THAT is some funny shit

So far in the playoffs that is exactly the case.

Game 1

Marc: 24 pts (9/10 FG), 9 reb, 3 assists, 2 blocks

Pau: 8 pts (2/9 FG), 6 reb, 6 assists, 2 blocks

Game 2

Marc: 12 pts (2/9 FG), 17 reb, 2 assists, 1 block

Pau: 8 pts (2/10 FG), 5 reb, 1 assist, 3 blocks

Not to mention that Marc is playing against a hall of famer in Duncan vs the back up bigs that Pau is playing against for the Hornets.

You're starting a team. You can pick between Pau or Marc...who do you take?

^^ i think that's kind of a hard question. the thing with pau is that his ceiling (in my opinion) is WAY higher than marc's. if pau plays his best game, he's arguably a top-10 player in the league. the problem is, he takes way too many nights off. he plays soft way too often.

marc will give you the same effort and same intensity every single night. if i'm starting a team for a season, or for the next 3 years, and i could pick between the two, i'd take pau because over the long run, he'd be the better option. but if i was playing one game, i think i'd take marc because i know exactly what he's going to give me. with pau it's a crapshoot. and obviously, more often than not he plays great. but he has about 15-20 games a year (if not more - and some of them in crucial circumstances) that he plays like a bum.

Here's my take on the Marc and Pau thing. I've had them both, if I want a PF then I'd for sure take Pau but if I want a Center then I take Marc no question. Marc is probably the best passer on the team, has a huge basketball IQ and unlike a ton of Centers, he can actually shoot well. It also help that we have Zach Randolph at the PF (who I'd take over Pau as well :D). Also Marc is still very young and is only getting better and he is super intense almost the entire time he's out there.

what a couple weeks in boston sports. Bs win 3 straight, celts sweep the knicks, sox go 8-1.

feelin good, feelin great.

hoping the sixers can pull off one more win before miami finishes them off.