NBA Discussion

they were up by 24 points. dirk did not need to be in the game.

If you don't think the Mavs can blow a 24 point lead, then you didn't watch the Portland series.

i did watch the portland series. but the lakers were never in that game. take out your starters, and if the lakers show life, put em back in.

If you don't think the Mavs can blow a 24 point lead, then you didn't watch the Portland series.

i did watch the portland series. but the lakers were never in that game. take out your starters, and if the lakers show life, put em back in.

If we were talking about a regular season game, then I could probably see your point....but this is a playoff series clincher with 9 minutes left in the game. That's plenty of time for the Lakers to get something going. Why risk letting the Lakers "show life"?

That's the last that I'll say about this.

they were up by 24 points. dirk did not need to be in the game. i dont know shit? get the fuck out.

and fuck the celtics for that pussy-shit performance in ot. it looked like they did suicides between the 4th and ot... came out doggin it, with no drive whatsoever. a completely different team than what we saw the rest of the game.

and how can you put the celtics on a lower level of tolerable than miami? im not asking this as a celtics fan- but as a basketball fan. their entire fucking game is running directly into a defender with his arms up, driving a shoulder into his chest, and getting the foul call because the refs are a bunch of faggots who have lost all concept of what a foul really is.

none of that is to say that it was the case tonight. i fucking despise miami, but they made the plays when they needed to tonight. probably the very first time i saw them win a game without serious assistance from the stripes.

Regional bias puts Boston at the bottom of every list for me. Gorgeous city, bane of my sporting fandom. NYC Everything.

Sports etiquette says you pull your starters when the soon to be defeated opponent does.

and the Lakers just won 2 goddamn titles, they need a team to go soft on them? Take it like a man.

Yea even as a Laker fan I had no problem with them leaving their starters in. Lakers are a great team and could get it going at any point. I dont blame Dallas for putting their foot on the Lakers throat and keeping it there. I knew that game/series was over before the 4th qtr. started but I would have left the starters in as well.

Also Bynum got suspended for the first 5 games of next season. Fitting punishment.

He also apologized basically saying he embarrassed himself, his team, family, Lakers management and the Laker fans,which is pretty hard to do considering how incredibly shitty some Laker "fans" are. Just look at what kind of assholes some of them turn into when the Lakers actually win titles. We won! Lets go riot and light shit on fire??? Stupid fucks.

• 2 weeks later...
Since when did Dirk become the best player in the world? Dude is insane these playoffs.

Was hoping for Bulls/Thunder, I dont think either of those teams are gonna be moving on.

Dude, I know, right? He's scoring 40+ a night. Where was this during the season?

And me too. I'd settle for at least one of them to go, but I think you're right, looks like neither are going to go.

Dirk has never gotten the attention he deserves. It's been just this season that people are really looking at him as one of the greats. Although I will say this...he's been outstanding this postseason. Tonights game was insane and in no way should the Mavs have won it. It was an epic meltdown/epic comeback.

Pretty awesome year for Dallas sports.

was listening to the radio on the ride home... lebron haters are now mavaliers fans.

but seriously... fuck the heat. i know they didnt win game 1 with the refs assistance, but theyve skated through the playoffs with it.

and as much as i want to see them suffer a vicious series loss, nothing would be better than listening to marc cuban after the mavs take out both kobe and lebron.

awesome series so far.

its a shame the mavs only know how to go on runs when theyre already trailing a handful. havent seen them go on an 8-1 run when already up by 3 or anything like that

This series is going to give me a heart attack. The Mavs are so frustrating. But it's good to know that they can play pretty bad and still be in the game....awful rebounding, awful turnovers, and missing tons of wide open shots. Dirk supposedly had a 102 degree fever last night.

I loved the way the game ended last night...Wade fumbling the inbound pass. Glorious.

This series is going to give me a heart attack. The Mavs are so frustrating. But it's good to know that they can play pretty bad and still be in the game....awful rebounding, awful turnovers, and missing tons of wide open shots. Dirk supposedly had a 102 degree fever last night.

I loved the way the game ended last night...Wade fumbling the inbound pass. Glorious.

yeah, he probably did. he sounded like shit during the postgame press conference.