what to do about people that like shitty music?

this confuses me so much. like, should i try to show them better music? or would it just be better to let them find out about the music on their own?

like i feel like if i tried to show them better music they'd either think it was really cool and listen to it all the time but not try to find out about other bands like them, or they just will say it's okay. or they'll show it to all their friends and then a bunch of stupid kids will like the music i like.

but if i don't show them i feel like they will listen to shity music forever! like those kids who listen to ICP until they are like 28. like seriously?! still down with the clown after 15 years?!

what should i do? just hope they see the light one day?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfreinds roomate thought it was funny i had a thrice cd (illusion of safty none the less)

and laughed at me & im like dude you like fucking disturbed, and all that nu metal garbage you have NO room to speak ha ha...

My best friend has a terrible taste in music and hes so fucking weird about it.

Like 3-4 years ago i was listening to bright eyes cd and he'd be like dude why do you

listen to this fag shit? ha ha then like a year later he would be like hey have you heard so & so... i hate when people do this it drives me nuts & he constantly dose that criticize the shit

out of somthing i listen to the a year later or more he'll be all about it, and its fuckin hillarious sometimes.

This does baffle me though. There's those kids in your college or you know/work with that have a smaller Ipod nano or something with only a few gigs. Their musical library features singles that were big in middle school and the latest rap singles. You may come across an occasional band on their Ipod that looks like, "hey, not too shabby," and it turns out to be one of their most popular tracks and that is it.

Don't these people get sick of this stuff? It's like they haven't really modified their musical library. Ever.

This does baffle me though. There's those kids in your college or you know/work with that have a smaller Ipod nano or something with only a few gigs. Their musical library features singles that were big in middle school and the latest rap singles. You may come across an occasional band on their Ipod that looks like, "hey, not too shabby," and it turns out to be one of their most popular tracks and that is it.

Don't these people get sick of this stuff? It's like they haven't really modified their musical library. Ever.

qft...oh well, diff'rent strokes...

I don't find it that unexplainable. I listened to the radio until 8th grade and then I thought I was the shit for listening to bands like Mindless Self Indulgence. If people are looking for new music, definitely give them some you think they might like. If not, keep to yourself. I wish I was still content listening to pop radio. I would be spending way less money on music now.

yeah that is a description to a T i dont get it either i know a few people like that