Dischord to press ONE LAST WISH LP

stefan

Amazing news for me:

One Last Wish "1986" To Be Released on 12" LP on December 8

The One Last Wish album, 1986, is being re-issued onto 12" Vinyl for the first time by Dischord. The album is being mastered and cut at Chicago Mastering Service and will feature a free MP3 download. One Last Wish were only active for a brief period in 1986 and featured Guy and Brendan (both from Rites of Spring and later Fugazi), Eddie (from Rites of Spring, Faith) and Michael (from Embrace and Faith).

It seems like the renewed interest in vinyl has encouraged Dischord to revisit a lot of the old catalog.

This will end in an ill-conceived repress of The Fire Party's "New Orleans Opera" or Snakes record. For every good record Dischord released in the late '80s, they released at least one bad one.

Now if only they'd repress the first two Jawbox records... or let me do it so I can do a Jawbox complete collection boxset.

It seems like the renewed interest in vinyl has encouraged Dischord to revisit a lot of the old catalog.

This will end in an ill-conceived repress of The Fire Party's "New Orleans Opera" or Snakes record. For every good record Dischord released in the late '80s, they released at least one bad one.

Now if only they'd repress the first two Jawbox records... or let me do it so I can do a Jawbox complete collection boxset.

Very true, but I'd say in total there are way more good releases in that catalog than bad ones. I would love it if they released some of the old records that Slowdime put out.

Very true, but I'd say in total there are way more good releases in that catalog than bad ones. I would love it if they released some of the old records that Slowdime put out.

Agreed- the strings of amazing releases in the early 80s and late 90s/early 00s (Q and Not U!) keep their ratio at one of the highest in the biz.

I'm pretty sure they did split releases with every indie label known to man... I wonder how the rights for some of those work out these days. Not that anyone's screaming for those Autoclave or Norman Mayer Group 7"s or anything.

Guest kingbuzzo

"New Orleans Opera" is already on vinyl. I'd be up for a color repress of it myself.

I used my #1 choice and vote for the Coop label thing on this release. In fact it's why I signed up for the Coop in the first place. I'm just glad to finally be able to own the bastard on vinyl. Love this album and have been waiting for years to get it.

Happy Go Licky was such a side project/experiment that came and went, it's hard to really judge it. It just...was. I'd certainly pick up a repress though.