The Thorns Of Life show #2 review (now with video)

and my quote from the other thread since according to all you jerks I made the wrong choice, so did the 100+ other people at the Lemuria show:
Also, there were a ton of people at the show I was at so I guess that makes them all idiots too. I saw a number of Jawbreaker patches and shirts and Brian's review on AP said there weren't a whole lot of people there. So yeah. Guess we're all idiots and we made the wrong choice in life. Go us!

It would be silly to assume that every single person at the Lemuria show knew about the Thorns Of Life show. You knew about both, and you chose to see a band from New York that frequently tours and will most likely be back in a few months instead of seeing one of punk's greatest songwriters in his new band's infancy.

Yes, it's baffling. No, no one is calling you an idiot or stupid or whatever; I just think you made an incredibly poor choice. I don't think you would be so defensive about it unless you saw a portion of truth in what everyone else is saying.

Guest genericinsight
and my quote from the other thread since according to all you jerks I made the wrong choice, so did the 100+ other people at the Lemuria show:

It would be silly to assume that every single person at the Lemuria show knew about the Thorns Of Life show. You knew about both, and you chose to see a band from New York that frequently tours and will most likely be back in a few months instead of seeing one of punk's greatest songwriters in his new band's infancy.

Yes, it's baffling. No, no one is calling you an idiot or stupid or whatever; I just think you made an incredibly poor choice. I don't think you would be so defensive about it unless you saw a portion of truth in what everyone else is saying.

That makes no sense, I've just been defensive because I chose to go to the show I wanted to go to and I knew I would have fun at. And if the videos were any indication, had I gone I probably would have sat there bored and wished I'd gone to the other show. I'm sorry my opinion differs slightly. From the videos it does indeed sound just like every other pop punk band from the last decade (to paraphrase Ryan's quote). Hearing a recording I might enjoy it, but I'm not gonna lose it because it's Blake.

I love Jawbreaker but I don't jump a mile the second Blake takes a shit. Sorry my opinion differs than everyone else here.

It's not really that baffling that someone just didn't care all that much. I do love Jawbreaker as I said but not to the extent that some people do, and I truly felt that I would not have really enjoyed myself at that show, and someone else might have. I chose the show I knew I would enjoy all the bands playing, and I did.

Oh god would people just shut the fuck up already. I come into this thread to want talk about how exciting it is that Blake's making music again and people are still jumping on this girls shit for not going to see them. Big deal. Wah. Get over it. It was already done and over with in the other thread. If I were in her situation, I'd probably go to the Thorns of Life show instead, but that's me because I pretty much worship the ground Schwarzenbach walks on. Grow the fuck up already.

Seriously.

Guest genericinsight
Oh god would people just shut the fuck up already. I come into this thread to want talk about how exciting it is that Blake's making music again and people are still jumping on this girls shit for not going to see them. Big deal. Wah. Get over it. It was already done and over with in the other thread. If I were in her situation, I'd probably go to the Thorns of Life show instead, but that's me because I pretty much worship the ground Schwarzenbach walks on. Grow the fuck up already.

Seriously.

Thank you :)

Seconded.....

Yes, they played... whoo hoo!!!!!!! when it comes down to it.. what's so exciting about that video? really..you can't make out a word and the music is so distorted that it is vaguely sound, but just a distorted mess. How can anyone be excited and amazed by this video?

When it comes down to it... the woman made a decision to see one band over another. Big whoop... it should have been left at that...no sense in poking fun and taking cheap shots at the fact that she went to see one show over another. It wasn't poor choice.. It didn't effect her negatively to see one or the other? When it all comes down to it.. she had a good time at a show.

yeah, these songs kind of sound like shit. video and sound quality-wise, not writing-wise. it's blake schwarzenbach; if i can't hear the words he's singing then i don't give a good goddamn.

and seriously, everyone chill out. if i were in her position i would've assumed the show would've filled up before i got a chance to get in.