Latterman vinyl question

Guest noeffinidea

I'm 23...can I ask you how that matters in this at all?

P.S. I really could care less what anyone thinks of anyone. I don't like AP, but I also don't like comments made like Matt's that Scott posted above. Mind you...one thing that really pissed me off (and I don't know if this was Matt or another member of the band), but I remember when Latterman broke up how one of hte memebers basically said that he never believed in any of the words or messages that the band was playing music about and how he could care less about being all positive and happy and whatnot. This upset me because I truly believed Latterman was going to be a saviour for "the scene", and when you find out that one of the members could actually care less about their message, well that's pretty whack.

Guest noeffinidea
gold jacket, green jacket...who gives a shit?

AP sucks...and from what I can gather from this topic, Matt Canino sucks too.

The end.

matt rules actually, but can be a little negitive at times(in scott's case).

How old are you?

Still have no clue why you asked about my age, but I can tell you that 23 is old enough that I was seeing Latterman in basements on Long Island while I was in high school for a lonnng time before they got a little better known. That's why the whole breakup situation really upset me, nevermind whichever member basically trash talked the band...but even when they started to get more known they STILL played primarily basement shows and really small shows like that which I always thought was badass.

P.S. I really could care less what anyone thinks of anyone. I don't like AP, but I also don't like comments made like Matt's that Scott posted above. Mind you...one thing that really pissed me off (and I don't know if this was Matt or another member of the band), but I remember when Latterman broke up how one of hte memebers basically said that he never believed in any of the words or messages that the band was playing music about and how he could care less about being all positive and happy and whatnot. This upset me because I truly believed Latterman was going to be a saviour for "the scene", and when you find out that one of the members could actually care less about their message, well that's pretty whack.

i asked how old you were cause i just wanted to make sure wasnt going to waste me time fighting w/ some kid. Your right matt wasnt into the band's message so they BROKE UP. i to thought they were going to "save" everything and reassure punk rock on another level. In some ways they did, and in some ways they didnt. the first tour i ever went on when i was 17 was op!/Lattermen tour. A band you are really into just give up sucks but would u rather them start putting out shitty music? or something along those lines

Guest noeffinidea

i asked how old you were cause i just wanted to make sure wasnt going to waste me time fighting w/ some kid. Your right matt wasnt into the band's message so they BROKE UP. i to thought they were going to "save" everything and reassure punk rock on another level. In some ways they did, and in some ways they didnt. the first tour i ever went on when i was 17 was op!/Lattermen tour. A band you are really into just give up sucks but would u rather them start putting out shitty music? or something along those lines

Dropped ya a PM Aaron.

Me and Luke AKA Noeffinidea wer hardcore into this band they really like he said revive the Long Island Scene for us being in highschool and realize the music you idealize is going to the shitter and then having a band like this basically in your own bakc yard changed everything for us the music the message it became out anthem I am not trying to argue with you aaron but Matt dident just say he was not into the bands message he trashed the message basically saying he never ment anything he wrote or said for this band and that he was upset this band ever existed I never met matt personally but I will tell you when a member of a band says something like that it changes the music for you and it was really crushing I believe the message was posted on punknews if I can find it I will repost it on here but he really was a dick about the break up just say you werent feeling it dont destroy it for all of us.

PS Luke I hate your life

"We were a band for 7 years and it was time to not be a band anymore. I was in New York less and less and there was some record label stress and things were just getting too weird with the shows we were getting asked to play, the things we were getting asked to do, and the way we felt the band was being perceived.

Personally, I don't give a shit about "being positive" or whatever that meant when we were all 18, and the most people seemed to be getting out of the band was "how important friendships are." Well how fucking boring is that? No shit friendships are important, but I think that was far away from the messages we were trying to convey with Latterman.

I Felt like a broken record going on tour and talking about sexism in punk rock every night and then some fucking bro-dudes coming up to me and saying some fucked up shit. I even got to a point where I stopped calling them out on it, and that just felt wrong. I was tired. Basically, it just stopped making sense for everyone in the band to keep on doing the band.

The band released ...We Are Still Alive in 2006.

Update:The following was omitted and seems integral to Matt's message:

This doesn't sum up how pat, phil, and brian feel obviously, or even all of my feelings on it, but I guess it's a concise version of what happened. We are all still friends."

I was flipping through my records this morning and found a copy of "We Are Still Alive" on red.... I don't even remember ordering a copy of this, so my question is:

Is this a 3rd pressing? I checked No Idea's site and they don't have anything listed. It definitely looks more red than pink (as listed in the 2nd pressing).

I just got this from No Idea. The pink is opaque light pink so I doubt it's an in-between, but I guess it's possible. I would say 3rd press.

I think a lot of it had to do with their Long Island fans alienating them too. When I move out to NYC in 2006, I met a guy from Long Island(Jeremy was his name, crust punk..as if that helps) and I ask him about Latterman and he was butt hurt because some guy from Texas, whose job it was to find new music all over the country, found out about his treasure. They were a band. They played music so people would hear it. It's one of the most frustrating things about punk kids, and one thing I'm happy to say I have gotten over(mostly).