Vinyl in LA

So I'm just getting into Vinyl, and I was wondering if you guys knew of any good record stores in the LA area. The obvious answer is Amoeba, but I wanted to see if anyone knew of any smaller joints that were worthy of their patronage. I've been buying online, and the shipping costs are killing me...

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tons of record stores in LA/OC have closed down. In LA, there's still Vinyl Fetish, but the last time I went, it was pretty shitty. If you're down for a road trip, Vinyl Solutions in HB is maybe my favorite record store ever, there's the new TKO store in Fountain Valley which is pretty new and overpriced but it's worth a stop if you drive in form LA. Also check out fingerprints in Long Beach which I htink sucks wang but apparently people have had better luck finding stuff there.

I'll second Vinyl Solutions in HB, its got some cool stuff. Honestly, Amoeba is your best bet. Its cliche but true.

how is amoeba cliche? its awesome!

Amoeba in HW

vinyl solution in HB

Dr Strange in AL

Head Line on Melrose (though over the years, their selection has been lacking)

these are pretty much the only stores i go to when in the area

Cliche in the sense its the obvious answer, not in any other way. I love that place. I have to take lists in with me though because once I walk in I become overwhelmed and forget everything I came for. Their used CD section alone is bigger than most places new section. Their only downfall is they don't seem to pay as much for used stuff as other places.

I work at Amoeba so I can tell ya first hand that it is amazing. the back stock is fucking nuts. its pretty much the whole back of the building which is just as big, if not bigger than the store. A whole room of 7"s alone. Best place I have ever worked for. They treat their employees pretty well. For the most part everyone is cool there too.

I work at Amoeba so I can tell ya first hand that it is amazing. the back stock is fucking nuts. its pretty much the whole back of the building which is just as big, if not bigger than the store. A whole room of 7"s alone. Best place I have ever worked for. They treat their employees pretty well. For the most part everyone is cool there too.

that is really cool..

how is the associate discount?

Is Bionic Records in Cypress still around? Or Fullerton?

I know the one in HB closed down, but I haven't been to the Cypress or Fullerton stores in a few years.

And I second the comment about Fingerprints in LB... I used to live within walking distance and barely ever went. Shit's overpriced and the store can be hard to navigate (inventory constantly moved around, boxes everywhere). Every once in awhile you can find some decent stuff, but it's really hit and miss.

i remember briefly going to some place in fullerton that had a nice selection of things with a little bit of a price tag. but it seemed like a cool place

amoeba roX

that is really cool..

how is the associate discount?

its ok i guess= 10% off new stuff and 20% off used. with how much new stuff comes in used i usually get lucky that way. we really dont get to weed through the records first. well i dont but i usually check a good amount of times during the day on the sales floor. shit sometimes gets put out and is sold within minutes so i still gotta be fast. there are 260 employees so its sorta hard to get the super gold shit so easy.