Channels stuff pressed on wax soon!!!!

From Underground Communique Records myspace page!!!!

"Channels Waiting For the Next End of the World / Open EP 2xLP:

Both the full length and first EP from this Baltimore / Washington DC area band. The EP was released by Desoto and the full length Dischord, neither on vinyl...until now. Features "some very well respected hacks of the music industry"

Aaahhhhhhh!! Super exciteted about!!!! Underground Communiquer is going to became one of my favourite label ever!!!! I hope they will press the Report Suspicious Activity and Burning Airlines stuff too!!!!

;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

i don't know about the BA stuff. i didn't like that band too much but if you wanna put up the $2000+(approx.) per record...i'll sell it.

(Identikit was better than Mission Control in my opinion, but both lacked the intensity of them playing live / compared to Jawbox. To me the records were TOO controlled and sterile. I've stirred up enough shit lately on this board I don't need to do any more...so in my opinion only, ok?!)

I have to admit after seeing Burning Airlines in Rome playing an awesome gig in front to 20 people i was a bit delused from Mission Control and i think BA are not at the same level of Jawbox and Channels but after some time i revalued the 2 BS albums a lot and hope someone will press them sooner or later...

Anyway Justin, do you know if there are hopes for a Report Suspicious Activity wax press in the near future from you or any other label???

Thanks so much for you awesome work!!!

Anyway Justin, do you know if there are hopes for a Report Suspicious Activity wax press in the near future from you or any other label???

that i don't know...i want to at the very least do the Dreamland EP on vinyl and maybe try to license the full length from AT but the band has only played 5 shows. ever. (i've actually seen every show they've played) That's something I'm going to talk with J about. at some point. We'll see, we'll see...

whats the time frame on this? super good news. way to go bud!

I'll post an update on the time frame this week. I talked to Oakland this tonight and I'm going to call J. tomorrow. pretty much we're going to aim for as fast as possible.

We have a lot of ideas we need to work out so as soon as the major details are set, one of us will post the info.

the main thing I want to point out is that this willl be a benefit release, so the proceeds will go to J. and Janet and/or a SMA foundation to be named by them.

Just in case you're not familiar with what SMA is, please go here and read about their son Cal and his disease: http://www.desotorecords.com/cal/

thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest genericinsight

I'd definitely be interested in picking this up. I donated a portion of the sales of the Generic Insight Radio comp to the Callum fund last year.