Reactions..

Guest smccown13

My dad's a big collector also so he's cool with it. But my mom/his wife really gets annoyed when it gets messy around the house. She's learned to love it though.

My friends are cool with it too, and they actually think it's pretty awesome. They just think I sound way too nerdy when I talk about vinyl and music. Haha so far the reaction is good. It's fun meeting friends who also listen to vinyl.

- my parents collected vinyl so my parents never cared. Most of my older friends (who are still friends with me for some reason) all have collected vinyl since we were all kids, so.... no complaints there. My coworkers usually just ask why i collect records and they are so out of date, that mp3's are so much better since you can carry them around on your ipod. I just laugh.

i get a couple of reactions. when i moved into this new place, i had a roommate that hadn't really seen my collection. it was a month or so later when he asked what i wanted the extra room for? i unlocked the door and he said, "WHAT!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!" and if i bring a new girl over and she wants to see the place, or get the "tour", i hate the tour, but fuck it, i show her the room. she either calls me a fucking geek and i make her walk home, lol and the funniest response i ever got from a girl was "WOW, THAT'S A LOT OF LASER DISCS!!" i asked if she was kidding and she said "no, why would i be kidding?" i told her they were vinyl records and she said "WHAT THE HELL IS A VINYL RECORD?" seriously, she didn't fuckn' know, but she was too adorable, she didn't know anything.