IPHONE PEEPS, BE WARY OF 2.2 UPDATE

chaps

So, I updated a few days ago. But today I can't get service in places I have had no problems before. Just google 2.2 update issues, I guess I'm not the only one.

I did some research and am currently trying to "downgrade" back to 2.1

Just a heads up, I know some people have updated no issues. But I'm just sayin'

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is. The 2.2 upgrade was the only thing I could think of. I wasn't able to un-upgrade either. I guess I'll have to go to the apple store and deal with the genius bar, but theres no way I'm going anywhere near the mall today. . .

Can't you just go into iTunes and click on restore? Or does that not affect the firmware?

I just called ATT to see if I could get an early upgrade so I could get an iPhone, they said no. shitty.

How long before you become eligible? They let my wife upgrade early, but I don't know how close she was to her upgrade point. Probably just depends on the person you talk to.

I'm not due until June, I'll probably call again.

How long before you become eligible? They let my wife upgrade early, but I don't know how close she was to her upgrade point. Probably just depends on the person you talk to.

Ask to be transferred around, you'll get it eventually.

I upgraded and re jailbroke. Like it so far. Seems to be a bit faster. It was taking a good 10-15 seconds to get my camera up and running, now it's around five or so.

The podcast downloading thing is a big bonus, really liking that, don't care about the street view, though it is kind of cool

no issues for me so far..

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is. The 2.2 upgrade was the only thing I could think of. I wasn't able to un-upgrade either. I guess I'll have to go to the apple store and deal with the genius bar, but theres no way I'm going anywhere near the mall today. . .

Can't you just go into iTunes and click on restore? Or does that not affect the firmware?

Tried it. I'm on hold with ATT at the moment. Talked to the Iphone tech for about 2 minutes and she goes

'uh yeah, you tried everything, att's problem now'

called back again, talked to someone else, they said it's too far away (June) for them to bump it up, even though I've been a member for about 10 years. They said they could do it if it was a month or two, but not this far away. shitty.

called back again, talked to someone else, they said it's too far away (June) for them to bump it up, even though I've been a member for about 10 years. They said they could do it if it was a month or two, but not this far away. shitty.

Look at it this way. By then I'm guessing there will be a new version out, so you could possibly have your choice of a new version or a cheaper previous version.

Tell them you'll be leaving for Verizon or something then and ask to speak w/ retention. They'll do anything to keep you once you're speaking w/ retention.