Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon Repress

daniel

It's a possibility. From an interview with Alter The Press:

Alter The Pres: The only way I can see the industry going backwards is that the sale of vinyl is going up. A good example is that if you go on eBay, Brand New's 'Your Favorite Weapon' goes for a lot money.

Jesse Lacey: I understand, and we are hoping to re-release that but the whole idea now is that is buying an album is because somebody who buys a CD is because someone wants to have something physical and an LP is a much better representation and offers more opportunity for an artist to create something physical for a person to experience rather than CD. You can easily find the record online and have the music already incorporated into the music listening device you have like burning a CD, putting it on your iPod or on your computer but if you want to own the album physically, go and buy the album. Its cooler. You can actually have it, hold it and look through the pictures. Its kind of the basic idea. Its like having a 7" is one of the coolest things. I have a stack of 7"s and I don't even know what's even on them, I just know its the same old song that I love and i've heard before but it makes it a lot cooler to have.

I hope this happens.

the devil & god is good for about the first 6 tracks then its a snorefest, and i hope the re-release happends but that re-release has been in the works for how long now??

I really hope this happens. Your Favorite Weapon is kind of my "White Whale" though. I still would like a first press of it but I just never have money at the right time. I would definitely want The Devil And God too.

In fact I guess I'd rather have The Devil And God pressed than this because it's still kind of a hunt for me and it's possible to get YFW on vinyl.