Christmas rekkid

So a few friends and I got the idea to record a Christmas album. Cheap, inexpensive gift for our parents and whatever friends would "appreciate" it. We figured we would record everything, design the artwork, and burn a few copies to give out as gifts.

We aren't taking it completely seriously, but we kinda want it to look like it. An idea we had for artwork... my roommate and I picked up a free organ this summer and stuck it in our house. We figured we could all dress up in hand-knit sweaters and turtle necks and take pictures around the organ. Something that our parents would laugh at but at the same time, our grandparents would say something like, "aw, well isn't this a nice thing for you guys to do."

We already have 5 songs recorded, just all of us singing with an acoustic. One track, straight to garage band, nothing special but it works. These are all common Christmas song covers.

We also thought of recording what we call "christmas miracle poems" and stories with ambient christmas music behind them to put in between songs. Our "band" name is The Wholesome Christmas Miracles.

Any other ideas/past experiences/creative stories we could use?

you should sell it on here! I'd buy it.

I'm surprised anyone is really interested in this. When we go through with it, It'll more than likely just be a fancy CD-R with a sleeve and such. I have no idea how much I'd actually sell it for if I did. But I guess if enough people are interested, it's an idea. Just don't expect too much quality in production.

Very cool idea. Just make sure you cover 'Feliz Navidad.'

Already done.

i like the poem idea. Sounds funny. Cover Lennon's "merry christmas (war is over)" and then post it on here.

Good idea. So far we've just done "traditional" Christmas songs, never thought about other ones. I'll run it over with everyone else.

i'm not sure if i would BUY one (depending on how much you were looking for, but i can't imagine dropping like $10 on a joke between you and your buddies), but i'd definitely be curious to listen.

you should post the mp3s or stream it somewhere.

either way, this is an awesome idea and if i had more musical talent i'd definitely be doing this for some family members.

i'm not sure if i would BUY one (depending on how much you were looking for, but i can't imagine dropping like $10 on a joke between you and your buddies), but i'd definitely be curious to listen.

Exactly what I thought most people would think. But still, if anyone wanted a copy, I wouldn't imagine selling it for more than $5.00 or something around that.

When we get more recorded, I'll set up a myspace though, for sure.

Bumpage due to the fact that in 12 hours, I will be done with school for the semester. My top priorities at that point are:

- try to win Unicornography

- preorder the Fake Problems 7"

- load up the car for our show with The Swellers on wednesday

- WORK ON THE WHOLESOME CHRISTMAS MIRACLES ALBUM ARTWORK