HWM preorders @ No Idea

ps

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I was asking is because I asked Matt a question and I got this responce:

I haven't seen your order yet..

Its a one or two man show and they're sending out payment notifications one by one. I wouldn't get so worried. I also have a feeling that this isn't going to be extremely limited so all the freaking out about getting in on the pre-order right away will most likely be in vain.

I made sure when I wasn't positive it went through to E-mail PJ. Said it went through, got the message from Matt about paypal today.

TWO THINGS:

1) It's odd they're accepting my Paypal when they haven't got the records in yet, I mean, I ordered all four copies so I hope I get four versions and not four of one color gray.

2) I love the odd little notes Matt puts in the Paypal orders.

1) It's odd they're accepting my Paypal when they haven't got the records in yet, I mean, I ordered all four copies so I hope I get four versions and not four of one color gray.

This is definitely a valid concern, however, I don't think you should worry. The reason being, No Idea doesn't always give us those weird grey colors. Sometimes, with a more prominent release, they give us 2-4 truly distinct pressing colors. Look at the two Chuck Ragan LPs, those were all pressed on 3 distinct colors. The Radon LP was also pressed on three very distinct and normal colors. It seems like they use the infamous "No Idea grey" as a cost cutting measure for 7"s, LP releases from smaller bands, and represses, which they most likely (and IMO rightly so), don't see as the need to fork out extra money on them.

No Idea said before that this took so long to come out because they wanted it done "right". I have faith that they're not going to give us lumpy grey vinyl on this.