bunch of thou vinyl news

from their myspace/forever doomed post

The Malfeasance / Retribution 10" booklets are finally done and on their way to Rimbaud Records and Feast of Tentacles. They should have about 400 copies. Level Plane and Robotic Empire will have a small handful for folks in the US. I would give them all a week or so before you start sending them emails. Or keep an eye out here. I'll post as soon as I know Chris has the records. And he also posts on here, so I'm sure he'll spread the word.

Level Plane has the Peasant LPs. I think the first press is almost gone. Greg's going to do another run of 500 for us, and then we maybe end up doing a third press in order to get the artwork done the way we originally envisioned it.

The To Carry a Stone 7"s are just about gone. We're completely out. Christian has about 30 or so that he still needs booklets for (which we're working on).

Woodsmoke still has copies of the split tape with Leech. We're still in the process of getting the vinyl out with them (or possible someone else). Working out the details for that. Aural Offerings might be releasing a European version of the tape soon. I'm getting the artwork together for that.

The first run of the Retaliation EPs are gone. Adam's working on the second batch now. I think he'll have 300 to start, and then we'll probably do another 200 after that. The jackets for the second run are a different color and the inserts will be slightly different to go along with that. But it's all pretty much the same.

I think the split 7"s with Black September are mostly gone. Injustice for Humanity should have a small pile of them. KNVBI has a handful left. Robotic Empire might have some. And I'm mailing about 20 to Vendetta in Germany. The posters... Ah, those fucking posters, how I hate them now. Our printer ran into some major issues, so we basically need to find some new people to help us do our print work (any punks out there?). ANYONE WHO IS WAITING ON A PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES THE POSTER FOR THIS SPLIT: Your stuff has been packed for months now. It's going in the mail on Monday. I will get these posters made, and they'll get to you one day. I also have some special stuff in mind for people who have been waiting for so long. We really do apologize. We haven't forgotten. We're not slapdicks. We've been waiting on other people who have now revealed themselves to be unreliable. (GET IN TOUCH WITH ME IF THERE IS ANY CHANGE OF ADDRESS). But back to this split, it's almost gone. We're probably going to do a small repress. The art will probably be a little different. Chris from Black September took care of things on the first press and did a great job. We want to try our hand at it for the short run second press.

Southern Lord is waiting on the booklets from us for the Tyrant LP repress. Another issue with our printer. We're working that out now.

Drugged Conscience and Peasant Magick are still released a triple cassette boxed set which will include everything we recorded from Tyrant through Peasant. The tapes have been done. We're just working out all the rest of the packaging, so everyone's happy.

Kunal who runs the UK label Super-Fi records is doing a tape label called Taped of Wrath. He'll have a short run of Peasant on cassette for our friends overseas.

The songs for the Haarp split 7" are done and being mastered now. We'll be releasing that record ourselves on One Eye. We should have them in time for the weekend tour through Florida we're doing with our brothers in Haarp.

We should also have a very short run of a compilation some folks in Baton Rouge organized. They basically got all the bands together, and then each band releases the comp on whatever format they want with whatever packaging they want. Ours will just be a short 100 run of CDRs with black envelope packaging similar to the tour demo of Tyrant. It has some great bands on it; we're pretty excited. Our track is a live version of Smoke Pigs from the show we played in Oklahoma.

As soon as we get the artwork done, Vendetta Records is going to be releasing a limited 300 run 12" EP of the four Black Sabbath songs we cover. We're not repressing this on vinyl ever. We're not doing a limited run to make it any sort of collectors item. I mean, the songs are better by Sabbath anyway. And that's kind of the point. We're not a cover band. We don't plan on playing these songs very often, if ever. MP3s will be available for free online. Jam those. Don't waste your money on ebay. Don't fret if these sell out before you get a copy. We only even recorded the songs because we learned them for a benefit show and we had the recording time with our good friend James Whitten. I guess I don't have to be such an apologist about this. I don't owe you people an explanation.

I don't owe you anything! Get out of my life, mom and dad!

You can still get copies of Tyrant (which includes the Retaliation tracks) on CD from Gilead Media. And you can pick up Peasant (which includes the To Carry a Stone tracks) on CD from Autopsy Kitchen.

OK. And now the new stuff we're working on...

We have five songs and one cover completely done. We have two and half songs almost done. We're planning on learning three more covers and re-working an old Tyrant-era song.

If all of that happens, we'll be putting out this stuff:

split 12" with Salome (Vendetta Records)

split 12" with Pygmy Lush (Robotic Empire)

split 12" with Moloch (Feast of Tentacles)

split 12" with Mohoram Atta (Level Plane)

split 7" with The City is the Tower (Level Plane)

split 7" with Human Intruder (Dead Earth)

punk/hardcore/sludge tribute compilation 12" (Blind Date)

After that, we're going to start working on the third full length. The plan is to write as much as we can until May and then do a nice demo recording of it. After we get home from tour in July or August, we'll come back to the songs, see what we want change, write some more, and then record for real some time in the fall. Ideally, we'll have the next big record out in a year.

Tour... As long as we can all get time off of work, we'll be coming out to Europe this summer. We'll definitely be playing in the UK (with Moloch) and Ireland (with Altar of Plagues). We'd like to do a week or so on the mainland, but we need to find transportation before we start nailing down cities and dates. If you can help out with that, please get in touch ASAP ([email protected]). If you have any leads on DIY promoters, venues, etc.--also get in touch. We'd like to stay out of the bars and clubs as much as possible and really get to see the underground scene overseas.

US shows... We won't be touring much, since we're focusing on writing and this European tour. We will be doing a short weekend thing at the end of February with our friends Haarp. We should be hitting Gainesville, Tampa, Tallahassee, and Pensacola (need some help here!). And in March, we'll be playing the Mess with Texas showcase at SXSW and maybe a few other shows along with a handful of dates across Louisiana with Pygmy Lush and Turboslut. There's a chance that we might make it out to Los Angeles and southern California for a weekend of shows. We were aiming for February, but I think we'll be tied up with the Florida shows. We'll definitely be out that way in August to play Fuck Yeah Fest, Gilman Street, and maybe a day or two in between. We still have the midwest on our brains; eventually, we'll make it to Indianapolis and Bloomington. And we had such a blast in the northeast that we'd really like to come out sooner than later and hit New York, DC, and Philadelphia again.

Junk... If you didn't get an "Animal Liberation - Human Annihilation" patch with your Retaliation 12", we have extras now. Just hit me up. We still have copies of the Relapse shirt (logo and Peasant gatefold artwork in grey on black shirts), the Viking Warlock tour shirts (black on black), and the None Paler tour shirts (white on white). The Relapse ones are also available from Relapse (duh). The Viking shirts are available from Robotic Empire. We also have some awesome bat logo patches Snake (Ohio) did for us. And some escoteric "priest" patches our friend Lindsey did for us. And I'm working on another mixtape CDR of bands we're friends with.

Mailorder... Next week we're turning things over to our good friend Jessica Roberts. She'll be getting us up to date on everything that needs to get mailed out. And she'll be keeping a tight reign on things for the future. Packages should be in the mail within a week of any orders or trades. She'll also be keeping any shirts we do through local Baton Rouge printers Giraphic Prints in stock (the Ghasts and None Paler shirts, plus anything new we come up with). And she'll have the Relapse and Robodog shirts for mailorder as long as we have copies.

Speaking of Robotic Empire, Andy and Lindsey should also be keeping our Giraphic shirts in stock. We'll also be sure to get them plenty of copies of any of our releases. And, of course, Gilead, Level Plane, and most of the other labels who have released records for us should all have copies of our releases as they come out.

I think that's it.