Folie a Deux has leaked

i'm almost through the album. i can safely say the following things:

i don't care is one of the worst tracks on the album. a misleading single.

i'd say their most ambitious work to date. definitely exploring new sounds.

there are some genuinely fun pop songs on this album. get yer listens in before mainstream repetition destroys it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously in love with this right now. I don't know if it's the diehard unconditional FOB fangirl in me or what but I'm fucking loving it. Patrick's vocals are AMAZING. Wentz is on top of his game lyrically and I love being able to hear more influence from Andy and Joe on this album.

Yeah he writes all of them. I never really minded with Fall Out Boy. Pete Wentz can't sing to save his life, but he's a decent lyricist. And Patrick's got such a nice voice that it just works very well for them. Though I think Patrick has written a song or two lyrically if I'm not mistaken. I can't really recall.

The whole second half of the album is completely blah. If this were on vinyl, I'd never flip over to the B-side (and frankly, I'd rarely ever play the A-side, but that's just personal opinion -- I've never found this band to be anything all that special; they do write killer singles, though).

I never expected Fall Out Boy to be that groundbreaking innovator of a band. While Take This To Your Grave will always be my most favorite thing they've ever done (mostly for the pure personal sentimental value) they work so much better as a pop band. They still manage to make me happy when I listen to them, so from a personal standpoint they're doing all right.

LOL@ Their most ambitious work. OH! Do they us a string section on a song? HOW BREAK THROUGH!

These guys aren't awful, but they've never done anything unique or ambitious (creatively) in there lives.

Actually, the whole second half of this record is pretty ambitious for a pop-punk band -- collaborations with Pharrell, Lil' Wayne, etc. I just don't think the songs are really that good, but you can't deny that they're at least trying new things. You never saw Green Day or Blink-182 exploring R&B/hip-hop collaboration possibilities, no matter how ill-conceived they might be.

LOL@ Their most ambitious work. OH! Do they us a string section on a song? HOW BREAK THROUGH!

These guys aren't awful, but they've never done anything unique or ambitious (creatively) in there lives.

Actually, the whole second half of this record is pretty ambitious for a pop-punk band -- collaborations with Pharrell, Lil' Wayne, etc. I just don't think the songs are really that good, but you can't deny that they're at least trying new things. You never saw Green Day or Blink-182 exploring R&B/hip-hop collaboration possibilities, no matter how ill-conceived they might be.

blink actually had that one interlude song on the self-titled. it isn't necessarily r&b/hip-hop in the sense that it doesn't have lyrics, but musically that song definitely isn't pop/punk.

The whole second half of the album is completely blah. If this were on vinyl, I'd never flip over to the B-side (and frankly, I'd rarely ever play the A-side, but that's just personal opinion -- I've never found this band to be anything all that special; they do write killer singles, though).

How can you call something ambitious when you don't like it? It's like saying, "you know I really can't stand the new Pat Green, he is a horrible artist and is a forsaken name in the genre, but his new record is totally ambitious!"

(P.S., Pat Green is a texas country artist that you don't need to waste your time on. Ever.)

How can you call something ambitious when you don't like it? It's like saying, "you know I really can't stand the new Pat Green, he is a horrible artist and is a forsaken name in the genre, but his new record is totally ambitious!"

(P.S., Pat Green is a texas country artist that you don't need to waste your time on. Ever.)

ambitious doesn't necessarily mean good. any open-minded person could easily say something that they don't personally like is ambitious. that being said, the quote you gave makes sense to me. i don't like particular things but i can understand how some people might. and the music isn't absolute shit (at least, not in most cases). it's just pop-punk

ambitious never means good. any open-minded person could easily say something they don't like is ambitious. that being said, the quote you gave makes sense to me. i don't like particular things but i can understand how some people might. and the music isn't absolute shit (at least, not in most mases). it's just pop-punk

Now, I could be in a camp of my own(probably a broader base that I can truly give credit for) but this isn't pop punk. It's pop shit. They were able to take a format- pop punk- engineer it into something that was acceptable to the masses at this point- "pop punk w/ hip hop and engineered bullshit- and sell it. This, this is not pop punk. Give me a fucking queers album or teenage bottlerocket any day before you try and pass this SHIT off as pop punk. This is no better than Jonas Brothers. Even if Vinny did sign them.

Pete Wentz is a pretentious piece of old man dick.

He's actually a pretty nice guy who just likes having people pay attention to him, is all. Don't know how anything he does makes him "pretentious," unless you're using some sort of obscure definition of the word that I don't know about.

I haven't even thought of Fall Out Boy as a pop punk band since after From Under the Cork Tree. Once Infinity on High came out I saw it as pretty apparent that they branched out to just being regular old pop rock. Really fun pop rock that I greatly enjoy. I think a lot of people are still expecting them to make pop punk albums. It's just not the case anymore. I'm glad they've branched out. It suits them better.

WARNING: DRUNKEN FOB DEFENSE.

so i love everything theyve put out. they have grown as a band (not necessarily as musicians) but theyve grown. they have become something bigger than the pop-punk they used to make and people shit on them for it. well fuck you.

fall out boy make some damn good pop tunes these days and write some fucking great hooks. regardless of the fact they started as a pop-punk band, they arnt anymore and ppl need to realize they dont cater to that.

grow up. deal with the fact this band doesnt make the soundtrack to your high school career (or in my case, college) and get over it. enjoy the fucking music and realize they stopped trying to impress you in 03.