New Puppy!

HOLY CRAP DUDE! me and my gf just adopted a beagel this weekend too! she works at a vet clinic and someone brought a 1 year old into her clinic and we fell in love with it after fostering it for a weekend.

crazy shit dude!

... ill post pics later

I don't think I'd ever buy a puppy from a breeder. It's so much nicer to get a dog from an SPCA/dog shelter... a dog that has most likely been mistreated and would like nothing better than going to a loving family. I love the work that they do at those places, and for some reason, the only dog's they bring in are absolutely adorable, so it works both ways.

That's an awesome looking dog. I kinda feel sad for it that his sister is gone somewhere else, but at least he's got a good home now!

Actually, funny story about that. We have the couple who has adopted the sister address and lives only about twenty minutes from our house, so at some point we're gonna meet them and bring the dog's so they can kinda be reunited. :)

That's an awesome looking dog. I kinda feel sad for it that his sister is gone somewhere else, but at least he's got a good home now!

Actually, funny story about that. We have the couple who has adopted the sister address and lives only about twenty minutes from our house, so at some point we're gonna meet them and bring the dog's so they can kinda be reunited. :)

Ah that's great.

My dog was an unofficial adoption where a friend-of-a-cousin-of-a-friend's-friend actually stole her from a yard of a guy who beat the fuck out of her as a puppy. My dog was then neglected by that owner, taken by the cousin in that chain of ridiculousness, then ended up at my friend's house. There she had another rambunctious dog to run around and battle with, but they were all moving out and no one really owned the dog so I was offered it. Right before I got her she got absurdly sick and we almost put her down, but when she recovered she ran around my mom's house with that dog.

Now I live with her as the only one, and she seems so lonely a lot of the time. I take her fairly often to play with my mom's dog and she loves it, and we had a cat for a little bit that she would pester, but that's gone. I play with her, but it's like she needs constant attention. Earlier she was playing soccer by herself, which I found funny, but I was hung-over and wishing she wouldn't make so much noise pouncing around, but I can't yell at her for entertaining herself.

Ah that's great.

My dog was an unofficial adoption where a friend-of-a-cousin-of-a-friend's-friend actually stole her from a yard of a guy who beat the fuck out of her as a puppy. My dog was then neglected by that owner, taken by the cousin in that chain of ridiculousness, then ended up at my friend's house. There she had another rambunctious dog to run around and battle with, but they were all moving out and no one really owned the dog so I was offered it. Right before I got her she got absurdly sick and we almost put her down, but when she recovered she ran around my mom's house with that dog.

Now I live with her as the only one, and she seems so lonely a lot of the time. I take her fairly often to play with my mom's dog and she loves it, and we had a cat for a little bit that she would pester, but that's gone. I play with her, but it's like she needs constant attention. Earlier she was playing soccer by herself, which I found funny, but I was hung-over and wishing she wouldn't make so much noise pouncing around, but I can't yell at her for entertaining herself.

Haha I think if dog's grow up like that with other dogs, they need that companionship. That's good that you were able to get the dog's out of that situation though, people can be such assholes.

Haha I think if dog's grow up like that with other dogs, they need that companionship. That's good that you were able to get the dog's out of that situation though, people can be such assholes.

Not to completely hog the dog-discussion, but yea. This dog has had a ridiculous life and she's only 20ish months old.

-Beaten

-Neglected and starved

-6 different houses, 4 different owners.

-Parvo

-Heartworm

-a pretty solid case of Bronchitis

I could've bought a new car with the amount of money I've put into her, haha. But there's something special (and almost bestiality) when I lay on the couch to watch a movie and in a heartbeat she's up cuddling with me.

Here she is looking miserable when she first got sick before we realized it was parvo and got her to the vet:

[image]