Q. Time limits on a 7" ?

I was looking this up on Wikipedia and found this interesting (unrelated) nugget:

"During the reign of the Communist Party in the former USSR, records were commonly homemade using discarded medical x-rays. These records, nicknamed "Bones", were usually inscribed with illegal copies of popular music banned by the government. They also became a popular means of distribution among Soviet punk bands; in addition to the high cost and low availability of vinyl, punk music was politically suppressed, and publishing outlets were limited."

[image]

Sounds pretty cool, does anyone here have one?

I was looking this up on Wikipedia and found this interesting (unrelated) nugget:

"During the reign of the Communist Party in the former USSR, records were commonly homemade using discarded medical x-rays. These records, nicknamed "Bones", were usually inscribed with illegal copies of popular music banned by the government. They also became a popular means of distribution among Soviet punk bands; in addition to the high cost and low availability of vinyl, punk music was politically suppressed, and publishing outlets were limited."

[image]

No, but they look awesome.

[image]

Ok... that's creepy. I've been reading through this exact same page (home recording segment on the "phonograph record" page) like an hour and a half ago. Weird.

No, but I think I might have a new white whale!

Oh my god, yes! Old Soviet punk pressed on old xrays would be awesome.

Someone with a label should do a pressing that resembles one of these.

Edit: you could probably get a cool x-ray effect with a black record and a little white and gray swirl.

The flip side of Springsteen's 'Fire' 7" is a version of Incident on 57th Street and it's 10:03 long. Not sure if you're looking for how much is possible to fit or how much can fit and still sound good. It sounds good but there's a noticeable drop in volume from the a side like the aardvark site says