NOFX - Maximum RockNRoll...on Pink!

i think i might cave and buy one color. does anyone have a picture of them all beside each other?

to add to the actual conversation. the excessive amount of represses are gay. i also don't think anyone would complain if it was a more popular nofx album. I think pressing 4 different colors at a time is better. at least the collector knows what they're getting into, also they know all the options if they only want one copy.

i need it.. but.. it's available from 20 jan 2009..

I bought one this morning before making a post about it. It says that it will be in stock on Dec 23rd (in my order status). This morning it said that it was released on Dec 16, 2008 (on the main product page).

And for the record, I also think that they should stop repressing the same record over and over again...but if they do it, it's because there's always a buyer! Like it was mention before, it's nice when a release is pressed on different color...but that you know it from the start, so you know what you are getting into as a collector. If Mystic wants to continue to repress NOFX records to cash in, maybe they could repress other records like some older 7" (though I know there's already a few pressing available), but at least it would be different than always repressing that darn MRR!! At least in their repress, they do have a significant difference with the original! I wish Epitaph would have done the same with the Ribbed and White Trash 2008 repress. I'm not one to sell my NOFX records on Ebay, but as a collector, it's always nice to know what is an original pressing and what's not!haha

And for the record...how many pressing of the same Againts Me! records?? ;) Just kidding

What's wrong with all of this? Problem is you guys probably don't like neither MRR nor Mystic Records, so you are going crazy every time you see this record pressed on a new color? Just as Gutterpunk said, what should I have to say about Reiventing Axl Rose? It got repressed on a billion different variants with limitations like 3 or 4 or whatnot. But I've never heard a single wor about it. Instead what's the problem with this? Mystic is just killing two records with one stone: he's pressing it so collectors can buy it, and he's also CASHING IN to get his money. It's part of the collecting thing. I don't think NIR or Hydra Head or whatever, is pressing tons of variations just for the love of music (I love No Idea Record, this must be clear). If you like it, or if you're a collector, you can buy it or not. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Doug Moody is just doing his job: pressing records. Then collectors will do their part, choosing if buying that record or not. Isn't this simple?

after some though... i would be just as angry if epitaph did this with PID. maybe 3 colors would be cool to have or something cause its such a good album and then i could keep a couple min. but anymore than that and i'd be annoyed. just like i'm annoyed with TLO - s/t presses. although those at least stopped because people quit buying them. apparently NOFX fans aren't as smart.

Reinventing Axl Rose is not a 20 year old record. Plus, the album is actually good.

If a collector pick and choose which NOFX records to buy and which not to buy...that person really wouldnt be much a collector. I think a collector's main goal is to have a certain band's complete discography on every variation. People pretty much know that collecting every RAR variation is a lost cause...but they knew that from the start.

Reinventing Axl Rose is not a 20 year old record. Plus, the album is actually good.

Maximum Rocknroll isn't a great record with that being said it isn't a horrible record either. It sounds like most of the 80's mystic bands that arent Ill Repute Or Stalag 13.If they would have stopped playing after that era theyd probably been as big as PTL Klub or one of those bands. It's cool to see the begennings every band has to start from somewhere.But for being 15-16 years old the music is pretty decent, Six Pack Girls is the best. Keep In Mind im a huge NOFX fan. But NOFX the band I don't think even intended to keep this in print but they released the stuff awhile ago on mystic, a contract is a contract.

First post by the way, ive been browsing forever. Yes my name username is splinter like the rat in Ninja turtles.

Maximum Rocknroll isn't a great record with that being said it isn't a horrible record either. It sounds like most of the 80's mystic bands that arent Ill Repute Or Stalag 13.If they would have stopped playing after that era theyd probably been as big as PTL Klub or one of those bands. It's cool to see the begennings every band has to start from somewhere.But for being 15-16 years old the music is pretty decent, Six Pack Girls is the best. Keep In Mind im a huge NOFX fan. But NOFX the band I don't think even intended to keep this in print but they released the stuff awhile ago on mystic, a contract is a contract.

First post by the way, ive been browsing forever. Yes my name username is splinter like the rat in Ninja turtles.

yah NOFX certainly doesn't like it from what it says on nofx.org:

If you want to hear a totally crappy fucked album then this is the one for you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

i didn't listen. i bought the reissue cd. huge regret. that cd was fucking expensive to. waste of money.

If you want to hear a totally crappy fucked album then this is the one for you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

i didn't listen. i bought the reissue cd. huge regret. that cd was fucking expensive to. waste of money.

ha i am in the same boat, i bought my copy long ago at the tower on sunset, r.i.p., and it was expensive as fuck. i was super stoked to get my hands on it and listen to it so as soon as i got into my friends car we put it on. needless to say we turned it off after the first song and he had a bad taste of nofx in his mouth. these represses are getting ridiculous but no one has a gun to their head now do they

If a collector pick and choose which NOFX records to buy and which not to buy...that person really wouldnt be much a collector. I think a collector's main goal is to have a certain band's complete discography on every variation. People pretty much know that collecting every RAR variation is a lost cause...but they knew that from the start.

I think if anything I was collecting started coming out in limited pressings on multiple colors every few months I'd have to take a step back and say to myself, "You know what. I don't like the frequency this record is coming out at. And on top of that it's on a label that the band itself doesn't support, so why should I?"

I think some collectors should really ask themselves why they are collecting records in the first place.