Timeshares for records

Everyone knows what a timeshare presentation is like, right? Essentially you get signed up to hear a sales pitch for a couple of hours in exchange for some money and whatever. Anyway...

My gf and I were wandering around Hawaii and decided to go to a timeshare presentation. We were both genuinely curious but were more interested in the $100 giftcard and the three free nights in a US hotel (we are going to book San Francisco in the spring!) they were offering. So after getting our free shit (and not buying a timeshare - obviously!) we had no idea what to with our giftcard. We were leaving for Canada in a couple of days and were pretty sure we couldn't use it there. So we decided to blow the whole thing on records. We went to Hot Topic (don't have those here) and got:

Minor Threat - Out Of Step

Minor Threat - First Two 7"'s

Circle Jerks - Group Sex

Bad Brains - s/t

(my choices)

Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Misfits - Static Age

Wu Tang - 36 Chambers

Slayer - South of Heaven (pic disc)

(gf's choices)

Came out to $97. Nothing mindblowing but a lot of classic albums. But if anyone get's the chance, sign up for timeshares for the free shit. Totally worthwhile. Also, I am pretty sure they can track your purchases with those giftcards - I imagine someone somewhere is thinking to themselves "who the fuck spends $100 on records? We fucked up!"

I used to think this was stupid, but lately people have been telling me it's totally worth it to do these things. Sometimes they have similar things for cruises. Should probably sign up for one of those.

They are completely stupid, but hilarious nonetheless. When we finally convinced them we weren't going to buy the salesperson said, "I work on commission, this sucks you guys." Ha. We also scored a coupon for snorkling in a volcanic crater for cheap. Totally worthwhile. In Mexico you can sometimes get up to $350 to go to one.

Haha when we were in Florida probably 8 years ago, my parents sat in on one of these and snagged free DisneyWorld tickets for all 5 of us. I remember that they had an area with Playstations and stuff for the kids, and they gave us free lunch at it too. All in all, not a bad deal.

i was thinking the same thing. kind of like those coffee shops were you have to give a book in order to take a book. i always wanted someone to release a record with those old school library punch out cards in them so it lets you know who owned the record and for how long....