THE RENTALS - SONGS ABOUT TIME

this shit sounds like it will be soooooooooo fucking epic.

http://www.therentals.com

[image]

PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT DAYS

EVERY DAY WE WILL ADD A NEW PHOTOGRAPH TO OUR PHOTO DIARY. THESE SHOTS WILL COMPOSE A CALENDAR OF IMAGES THAT WILL CHRONICLE SONGS ABOUT TIME.

IN ADDITION TO THE DIGITAL IMAGES POSTED IN THE PHOTO DIARY, WE WILL ALSO SHOOT ONE ROLL OF 35MM FILM EACH AND EVERY DAY.

AS WE GO ALONG, EACH ROLL OF UNPROCESSED FILM WILL BE MARKED WITH THE DATE AND SAFELY STORED AWAY.

AT THE END OF THE YEAR, WE WILL SEND ONE ROLL OF UNDEVELOPED FILM TO EACH OF THE FIRST 365 PEOPLE WHO PURCHASE OUR SONGS ABOUT TIME  BOX SET.

EACH  ROLL OF FILM REFLECTS OUR GRATITUDE TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO SUPPORT SONGS ABOUT TIME FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.

FILMS ABOUT WEEKS

EVERY TUESDAY EVENING, A NEW BLACK AND WHITE SHORT FILM WILL BE PREMIERED EXCLUSIVELY ON THIS WEBSITE.

52 FILMS IN 52 WEEKS.

THESE FILMS WILL FOLLOW US THROUGH THE WRITING, RECORDING AND MIXING OF OUR THREE MINI ALBUMS.

IN ADDITION TO THE SONGS WE ARE RECORDING WE WILL ALSO BE SCORING AND ARRANGING ORIGINAL MUSIC FOR THE 52 FILMS.  

THE MOVIE SCORES AND SOUNDTRACK MUSIC WILL BE AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH OUR SHORT FILMS AND NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE.

SONGS ABOUT TIME

EVERY THREE MONTHS, THE RENTALS WILL RELEASE A NEW CHAPTER OF MUSIC FROM SONGS ABOUT TIME.

A TOTAL OF THREE DIGITAL MINI-ALBUMS WILL BE RECORDED AND RELEASED OVER THE COURSE OF 2009.

THE FIRST RELEASE WILL BE IN APRIL, THE SECOND WILL BE IN JULY AND THE FINAL RELASE WILL BE IN OCTOBER.

EACH MINI-ALBUM WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO STREAM OR PURCHASE EXCLUSIVELY IN OUR MUSIC STORE.

VISIT THE MUSIC STORE NOW TO RECEIVE A FREE MP3 OF THE FIRST MUSIC RELEASED FROM SONGS ABOUT TIME.

it will be sold in three different forms:

DOWNLOADS

- ALL THREE MINI-ALBUMS IN A HIGH QUALITY MP3 FORMAT (100% DRM-FREE).

- DIGITAL BOOKLET AND ARTWORK

- ALL SONGS ABOUT TIME MUSIC VIDEOS

- EXCLUSIVE UNRELEASED MUSIC AND OUTTAKES FROM THE SONGS ABOUT TIME RECORDING SESSIONS.

- SELECTIONS OF THE ORIGINAL SCORE FROM THE FILM ABOUT WEEKS SOUNDTRACK.

- DIGITAL EXTRAS PACK WITH WALLPAPER, BANNERS AND ICONS .

LIMITED EDITION BOX SET

- MULTIPLE VINYL BOX SET (180 GRAM)

- A PHYSICAL REPRESENTATION OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK.

- FILMS ABOUT WEEKS HIGH-DEF DVD VIDEO COLLECTION

- COMPACT DISC FEATURING ALL THE MUSIC FROM SONGS ABOUT TIME.

- COMPACT DISC FEATURING THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SCORE FROM THE FILM ABOUT WEEKS SOUNDTRACK.

- EACH BOX SET WILL BE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED AND SIGNED BY THE RENTALS.

DELUXE LIMITED EDITION

THE FIRST 365 PEOPLE TO PURCHASE THE LIMITED EDITION DELUXE BOX SET WILL ALSO RECEIVE:

- A ONE OF KIND UNDEVELOPED ROLL OF 35MM FILM TAKEN BY MATT SHARP DURING A SINGLE DAY IN 2009.

- TWO V.I.P. BACKSTAGE PASSES TO AN UPCOMING RENTALS SHOW OF YOUR CHOICE.

- STAY TUNED FOR MORE LIMITED EDITION DETAILS COMING APRIL 7.

THE SONGS ABOUT TIME LIMITED EDITION WILL SHIP NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 31, 2009.

im kind of in disbelief about this whole project. it sounds fucking AWESOME though.

Wow! This project is HUGE! I hadn't heard about this until now and I'm wicked excited! It sounded awesome but after visiting the site and getting a better feel for what they're doing it's even better. I just hope the costs of the packages will not be too ridiculous, or at least not for the vinyl.

• 3 months later...

I know quite a few people in the Rentals "camp" so to speak... they're definitely going all out for this. The plan is to take all three EPs and shop it around to some heavy hitter llabels as full album ... look for a 2010 release on that. In the meantime, check in every day or week for some amazing stuff. Joe Santiago of the Pixies is in this week's video, for the lead song off of the first of 3 EPs.

In the end, this will be worth it. They want to re-establish themselves as a really focused/artistic indie band... and it's working.

Rentals : epic win

Weezer : epic fail

In the end, this will be worth it. They want to re-establish themselves as a really focused/artistic indie band... and it's working.

i never found the rentals to be anything but a focused indie band. they play tight and the songs fucking rule. i guess this seals the deal as the rentals being an all encompassing project of sorts.

I spent a good hour on the site last night listening to the music, watching the videos, and looking at the pics...I'm really into it. Ambitious project and seems to be working so far...I'm impressed.

I even busted out the NIN set AinR out out and goddamn...that's impressive in itself...I can only imagine what the Rentals' one will be like...I'm sold on it. Just have to scrounge up the $$$.