Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour ?????

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you need is stuff like at the gates, the haunted, machine head, etc. funnest songs to play seem to be the metal songs. wish they had way more!

I still use the gh3 guitar on rb2, got tired of losing place on the frets on the rb2 guitar. switching between solos and regular shit is a pain in the ass though. more power to you real solo players.

there are benefits to each game but rb2 seems to be your best bet just because you can borrow/rent rb1 and import the songs. the reason in doing so is having a wider variety of songs on those pick a setlist and mystery setlist parts on the tour. I just wish they'd have some more consistent dlc right now. no doubt to holiday songs to Roy Orbison has been a bit of a downer.

just be thankful you didn't get rock revolution! can't even sing or play gh/rb drums on the game!!

I have better things to waste my money on than more songs for the game. I don't need an entire No Doubt album, or a dozen Metallica songs. If there was a way to add my own music, then maybe I'd pay a little, but I have little interest in the available DLC for free, let alone at a cost.

That's weird, I'd say the DLC songs are better than the songs on the disc.

I have better things to waste my money on than more songs for the game. I don't need an entire No Doubt album, or a dozen Metallica songs. If there was a way to add my own music, then maybe I'd pay a little, but I have little interest in the available DLC for free, let alone at a cost.

me too. but too a point. sure there are a ton of songs i'd love to download. i downloaded a few but the fact that they aren't free and they're kind of expensive (in perspective to what you pay per song that comes on the disc) is a real turn off.

if they were the equivalent of $.99 per song i'd probably have a ton downloaded.

yeah, between the price of points and the cost of DLC, the whole thing gets ridiculously expensive!

those 20 free songs were mostly laughable. bands people might recognize being underoath, fear before, opiate for the masses, etc. I'm sure those indie and nobody bands are a dime a dozen to license, but I know people would be more likely to drop their money to get better and well known bands. I think each game really relies on the DLC for repeated play.

me too. but too a point. sure there are a ton of songs i'd love to download. i downloaded a few but the fact that they aren't free and they're kind of expensive (in perspective to what you pay per song that comes on the disc) is a real turn off.

if they were the equivalent of $.99 per song i'd probably have a ton downloaded.

I see it as 99c for the song, then 99c for the labor. Songs are only $2 and you get to play them four different ways. It's not a deal, but it's not a ripoff either.

So, I still have a couple questions as I'm considering buying a new drum set/guitar and Rock Band 2. I have the GH2 guitar and RB1 pack, but all of the instruments suck/broke except the GH2 guitar and the mic. So, should I get the RB2 drumset and cymbals or the GHWT drumset? I'm still a little unclear as to how each works in RB2. Also, which guitar would you recommend? I really liked the wireless GH3 guitar, but I'm not sure you can still buy them.

Also, how is the quality of the sets/guitars? They won't all break again will they?

heard bad things about the guitar hero world tour drums via the internet and via my sister (don't know about the GH bass pedal though haven't seen it). as far as rockband2 goes i think you would have difficulties unintentionally breaking it. its metal plated. the drum pads are similar to RB1 pads although a little quieter. the guitars i'd say are pretty equal. i've extensively used the RB1 guitar which i think is pretty much identical to the RB2 guitar and I haven't had problems with it. although i did wreck a whammy bar in one of them (wore out)

i dunno to summarize i think the RB package is better. But I haven't used the GH one's enough to say that (since i don't own it).

my little sister got rock band 2 for the wii and the guitar won't sync. gay.

Also, how is the quality of the sets/guitars? They won't all break again will they?

my guitar for GHWT was broken out of the box the day the bundle came out. the sensor bar was just going off from the start of the song and gave you an almost instant fail. and they were sold out a couple weeks so I just gave up. otherwise, I think I would like it like the other gh guitars.

drums aren't a huge difference if you don't mind pads over cymbals. I still think the rb2 pedal is a more solid design. the pads on the gh drums are pretty hard to register on though, you will probably need to adjust their sensitivity via usb.

and you can still buy the gh3 guitar and play it in both games. I still use that one out of all of them. I'm sure gamestop would have used ones too, if you really are desperate for an old one.

otherwise the main differences are just in gameplay. you might want to go to a place like best buy and test out both guitars to see which you like better.

my guitar for GHWT was broken out of the box the day the bundle came out. the sensor bar was just going off from the start of the song and gave you an almost instant fail. and they were sold out a couple weeks so I just gave up. otherwise, I think I would like it like the other gh guitars.

Mine did that at first. I took the batteries out, put them back in, and it's been great since.

I believe you can get a replacement for cheap from whoever manufactures them.

Mine did that at first. I took the batteries out, put them back in, and it's been great since.

I believe you can get a replacement for cheap from whoever manufactures them.

I actually returned the whole box and just got a refund. my friend got the disc and haven't needed anything else. I tried all kinds of things but I think it was just broken. I emailed redoctane right away and months later haven't received a response from them. I was also missing batteries and cymbal screwcaps for the drums! wasn't worth waiting for to get a replacement.