Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour ?????

So I'm looking to buy one of these, but unsure of which. A lot of the songs that interest me are shared on both. Guitar Hero World Tour has me leaning towards it solely for the NOFX track. What would you get, and why? ("Neither" is not an option, nor is a "real guitar")

Is there a difference in quality of the "instruments" and crap? Can they be used with the other game? (IE Can I buy the Guitar Hero bundle, and then just buy RB2 by itself?)

I'd rather not get a bunch of "get a real guitar" responses, but they won't surprise me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume so. It would be stupid and impractical for them not to be. Who wants two of those drum kits cluttering up the house?

Yeah, I know. I already have two plastic guitars as it is. But I wouldn't be too surprised if they weren't, just as a way to try and get more of your money.

That said, if I were you, I'd probably just get the game by itself and then a drum kit separately since you already have two guitars. And a mic too. I already have the Rock Band bundle for the Wii from the first one. I've been thinking about picking up RB2 or GHWT. I haven't had a chance to look at the song lists yet.

Yes they are interchangeable. But the drums for Guitar Hero have 5 pads, as opposed the Rock Band having only 4.

So if I were to use the Guitar Hero drums on Rock Band, would it only use 4 of the pads? Or does Rock Band's drums have something else to match the 5th pad?

On my Rock Band drums there's four drums and the orange button is a foot pedal.

I used the GH:WT drums on RB2 at my friend's on New Years. They are interchangeable. I like how the Guitar Hero drums have cymbal-type pads for the cymbal buttons. Since GH has 5 pads and a kick and RB has 4 pads and a kick, RB treated kick as orange, and the 5th pad as if it didnt exist.

Damn, this is gonna be tough. RB DLC doesn't interest me too much (aside one or two tracks, which with my luck would have to be bought as part of a set), but being able to add 50 more songs just by renting RB1 at Blockbuster mildly interests me (unless that isn't doable like I think it is).

Kirby, will you have to buy the cymbals separately, or do you mean they'll come with the eventual RB3?

Maybe I should just base this decision on which game has the better Paramore song...

(And I'll say that I will be buying both, I'm just trying to decide moreso which game to buy the bundle for)

So funny story...I was at gamestop the other day and some kid left crying because he got Guitar Hero world tour for Christmas didn't like it and wanted to sell it. They only offered him roughly $40. I think it was $20 for the disc, like $15 for the guitar and $4 for the mic, they wouldn't take the drums. Also when I say kid i mean like 12-14. The game had been opened and played. Maybe I'm a douche, but i found this mildly amusing...

I'd have laughed too.

I was at Best Buy once, walking to my car. The store next to it is a Toys R Us. I see some kid and his grandparents (or very very old parents) walking into the store, the kid is on those Heely shoes with wheels. Kid hits a crack, completely eats shit, crying ensues.