Red Ring of Death

I recently got the RROD. I couldn't deal without it, so I bought a new arcade box and attached my HD to it.

Just got my first one back, which I bought about 3 months after launch, and it has an HDMI slot on the back. I JUST bought a new tv that has HDMI input slots, so I don't know if my first xbox had them or not.

I recently got the RROD. I couldn't deal without it, so I bought a new arcade box and attached my HD to it.

Just got my first one back, which I bought about 3 months after launch, and it has an HDMI slot on the back. I JUST bought a new tv that has HDMI input slots, so I don't know if my first xbox had them or not.

It didn't. Only the Elite had HDMI up until earlier last year.

Mine is acting up. Freezes within a minute or two of turning on, but the damn rings won't come on. If that happens I can have Microsoft repair it for free. I assume if I don't get the RROD I will have to pay for any repairs as I have had it for almost 2 years.

Just keep turning it on and off. Wrap it in a towel while you do it. You'll get it eventually.

Mine is acting up. Freezes within a minute or two of turning on, but the damn rings won't come on. If that happens I can have Microsoft repair it for free. I assume if I don't get the RROD I will have to pay for any repairs as I have had it for almost 2 years.

Just keep turning it on and off. Wrap it in a towel while you do it. You'll get it eventually.

Thanks for the heads up. I keep turning it on hoping it will work and half hoping it will just ring out so I can get it fixed under the extended RROD warranty.

i've only bought one warranty in my life and it was the Best Buy extended warranty for my 360. BEST $$ spent in the last 2 years*.

First day I brought it home ( i live a good 30-40 min from best buy) first time i plugged it in, first time everything with it....red ring 'o death. pissed, i drove back there and got one that worked. about 10 months later I got the 2nd most dreaded error, CLOSE TRAY!!!!! packed my 360 back up took it to BB, they looked up my info, told me to garb one off the shelf, they swapped the HDs and I've been error free since (knock wood)

i think that the only warranties worth buying are console warranties. i feel they are totally worth it because you never know when your 500 dollar system will decide to fuck up on you. and if you have the warranty it s qucik swap fix.

i've played wii, ps3 and 360. for the overall system 360 is wayyyy ahead IMO. the blu ray ps3 is killer but for the guy who makes 30k and less a year it just isnt a smart buy, and the wii seems to loose it's appeal after a few months.

*: besides all that weed