Aloha "Light Works" Picture Disc 12"

We're extremely excited to announce our next release: Aloha "Light Works" Picture Disc 12"...handnumbered and with silkscreened inlays. The record looks like this:

[image]

This collection of seven new Aloha songs was conceived to be an end-of-the-calender-year pleasant surprise: a care package or a thank you note to fans and anyone who might be curious. But Aloha has a problem doing anything halfway, and the result is a set of Aloha’s most gorgeous, ambitious and fully-realized songs. Instead of saying thanks, Aloha is probably saying hello to a bunch of new listeners.

Each song is based on Tony’s acoustic guitars, but the world they inhabit is vintage Aloha: richly detailed, moody, intensely rhythmic and flowing with melody. It’s probably Aloha’s most inviting release, in spirit and in sound. Aloha multi-instrumentalist and studio wizard T.J. Lipple mixes in the studio magic while leaving the free-spirited vibe of the recording sessions intact (the EP’s closer, for example, is mainly a song written over an improvised piece). Piano, brass, oddly tuned guitars, drums, bass, mallet instruments and vintage keyboards fill out the arrangements.

Purchase online at www.miamanterecords.de

Guest scriptedrain

Nice! I didn't hear the comparison to "Transatlanticism" that Pitchfork brought up, but a decent EP (or whatever this is being called) nonetheless.

That looks awesome; any chance of you wholesaling some to Virgil? I'd love to get one but don't want to drop all that money (stupid US dollar).

Yes, of course we can sell this to Virgil. Just write to: info (at) mi-amante.de and we'll figure something out.

We have some more vinyl records that might be of interest:

Cobolt "Passoa" (ex-Refused)

Headlights "The Enemies EP" (with bonus track)

Gregor Samsa "27:36+2dot" (with bonus track)

Metal Hearts "Socialize" (CD on Suicide Squeeze)

Owen "The EP" (with bonus track)

www.miamanterecords.de

That looks awesome; any chance of you wholesaling some to Virgil? I'd love to get one but don't want to drop all that money (stupid US dollar).

Yes, of course we can sell this to Virgil. Just write to: info (at) mi-amante.de and we'll figure something out.

We have some more vinyl records that might be of interest:

Cobolt "Passoa" (ex-Refused)

Headlights "The Enemies EP" (with bonus track)

Gregor Samsa "27:36+2dot" (with bonus track)

Metal Hearts "Socialize" (CD on Suicide Squeeze)

Owen "The EP" (with bonus track)

www.miamanterecords.de

alll those would be awesome to have!

Ex-Refused, huh? Which guy?

Magnus Björklund. He played guitar in Refused for a couple of years. Later on he sang in Cobolt.

Cool! You should write Virgil directly (he doesn't get a chance to read every thread on here), his email is virgil (at) suburbanhomerecords (dot) com. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you!

I know, shipping charges for orders to the U.S. are enormous. I'm thinking of paying half of the costs for people who are registered here for a short period. Would that be an option for you?

Moreover, you could save shipping costs if you ask your friends and place one order: 1 record = 8 Euros, 2 records = 12 Euros, up to 4 records = 13 Euros

We've done bulk shipping like that but I think there's enough of a demand here for Virgil to stock it. Let's see what happens Monday when Virgil's back in the "office." (Dude's probably wasted 24/7 this weekend due to the Drag The River shows.)

scott, you know me so well. I was drunk wednesday through sunday and it was amazing. I am currently working out a trade with the label to get some of these. hold tight!