The Gamits - Antidote (Virgil, press this!)

[image]

Spinning this record for the first time in a while and I'm remembering just how fucking good it is. Virgil, ever thought about doing a limited pressing of this?

For anyone who missed the boat on this band, the Gamits were one of Suburban Home's staples for years before breaking up in 2004. Antidote was their final album, and it pushed the band from their more Weezer-esque pop-punk into a much darker, Jawbreaker/Jets To Brazil-esque territory. Amazingly, the e-card for the album is still up here:

http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/ecard/gamits.html

Go there to stream five songs, then post in here to pressure Virgil into doing a small run for those of us who appreciated this band.

[image]

Spinning this record for the first time in a while and I'm remembering just how fucking good it is. Virgil, ever thought about doing a limited pressing of this?

For anyone who missed the boat on this band, the Gamits were one of Suburban Home's staples for years before breaking up in 2004. Antidote was their final album, and it pushed the band from their more Weezer-esque pop-punk into a much darker, Jawbreaker/Jets To Brazil-esque territory. Amazingly, the e-card for the album is still up here:

http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/ecard/gamits.html

Go there to stream five songs, then post in here to pressure Virgil into doing a small run for those of us who appreciated this band.

I think about it sometimes. I truly miss the Gamits and Antidote was the record that should have helped the band gain a bigger fanbase, but it just didn't happen. It is tough though cause we would have to make a very small number and it would cause the retail price to be a lot more.

Here's a weird question: What if we voted to press it in the Co-op? Then what would happen?

of course

No, I guess what I mean is would there be a licensing fee from the co-op to you, or would that be waived? If there's no fee, then that would obviously lower the cost of the pressing and we could do a lesser amount.

of course

No, I guess what I mean is would there be a licensing fee from the co-op to you, or would that be waived? If there's no fee, then that would obviously lower the cost of the pressing and we could do a lesser amount.

I am sure something could be arranged.

I am sure something could be arranged.

When are we gonna re-vote for co-op titles? I'm gonna push hard for this one!