You've been JJ Abrams-ed!

I don't know if this thread will actually contains spoilers because that would require any Abrams show to actually discriminate information.

So I've been a big fan of both LOST and (more recently) Fringe and I think I've come to find the core of what bothers me the most in these shows, the consistent display of awful communication skills in what seems to be dire situations. Last night in Fringe was a prime example, after pulling in a double agent (who kidnapped Olivia and then had his wife try to kill her) they had him in interrogation. After the guy snapped he started shouting things at Olivia like, "Do you even know there are two sides?!" and "We weren't trying to hurt you, we were trying to save you!".

Now, this is a fail on two parts. One, if someone was yelling that at me (especially someone who was a double agent and tried to kill me) I might pause and ask, "Please, can you explain further?" Likewise, if I was the guy who believed in some cause so much I was willing to kidnap and kill for it, I might want to be a little clearer when I attempt to inform another individual.

This kind of thing happens all the time in LOST and Fringe and it's really fairly annoying. Instead of stringing the audience along with suspense based on limited evidence and speculation, they attempt to do it through poor communication and ignorance. I still watch the shows though...nearly every week.

Fuck, I know what you mean. Lost is terrible for this (I don't watch Fringe). There were a few instances involving Ben that made me want to throw my remote through the tv.

That interrogation scene in Fringe fell apart right from the get-go. It seems that each and every single episode they bring up something new that will go unanswered....be it as part of the plot or neglect by the characters in looking further.

I know exactly what you mean dante.