wtf even is this?? lil wayne content

Guest kevinb

alright this is going to be unpopular but i am 100% serious.

i just saw lil wayne last thursday and he absolutely killed it! no shit.

what you have to remember though is he is more of an entertainer than anything else. if you are judging him on his ability to play guitar then you've missed the point. he admits in the january spin magazine that he doesnt even really know how to play guitar and that he only plays "the noises he can make with his mouth". It's totally rediculous but its true.

What he does best though is has fun. The dude was having more fun on stage than anybody I've seen in a really long time (think story of the year or the guitar players from atreyu circa 2004). He was running around on stage and jumping off speakers and getting into the crowd and just putting on a good show. It was nice to see that he doesnt take himself so seriously and enjoys being on stage in front of 10 000+ people.

This really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean considering this the first "rock" song the dude's put out after a 10+ year long career in hip hop it could be so much fucking worse.

Some quick answers.

Yes those are all tattoos. Dude is covered.

He's famous because he went from being the worst rapper ever to being an incredible rapper via hard work. He got sick of being made fun of for his music and started working on his lyrics and practicing. This lead to a series of awesome mixtapes (I'd check out Dedication 1 & 2, Da Drought 3, and Best Rapper Alive vol 4) as well as two great LP's (Carter II and III, the original Carter is also worth checking out if you want to see him start to grow).

It is however really sad that as he started to really take off he's fallen into a massive drug addiction, and has pretty much started to go insane. I'm pretty sure after he dies (in like two years) there is going to be an amazing tell all book about the Prince like levels of crazy this dude is bringing. Read the article about him in the recent issue of GQ, shit will blow your mind.

alright this is going to be unpopular but i am 100% serious.

i just saw lil wayne last thursday and he absolutely killed it! no shit.

what you have to remember though is he is more of an entertainer than anything else. if you are judging him on his ability to play guitar then you've missed the point. he admits in the january spin magazine that he doesnt even really know how to play guitar and that he only plays "the noises he can make with his mouth". It's totally rediculous but its true.

What he does best though is has fun. The dude was having more fun on stage than anybody I've seen in a really long time (think story of the year or the guitar players from atreyu circa 2004). He was running around on stage and jumping off speakers and getting into the crowd and just putting on a good show. It was nice to see that he doesnt take himself so seriously and enjoys being on stage in front of 10 000+ people.

Backed.

Some people look at every artist as if they're trying to be the Beatles. But sometimes you have to realize is that there's people out there who just want to have fun.

I also like to have fun whilst listening to music. Lil Wayne is great in that regard.

This really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean considering this the first "rock" song the dude's put out after a 10+ year long career in hip hop it could be so much fucking worse.

Some quick answers.

He's famous because he went from being the worst rapper ever to being an incredible rapper via hard work. He got sick of being made fun of for his music and started working on his lyrics and practicing. This lead to a series of awesome mixtapes (I'd check out Dedication 1 & 2, Da Drought 3, and Best Rapper Alive vol 4) as well as two great LP's (Carter II and III, the original Carter is also worth checking out if you want to see him start to grow).

It is however really sad that as he started to really take off he's fallen into a massive drug addiction, and has pretty much started to go insane. I'm pretty sure after he dies (in like two years) there is going to be an amazing tell all book about the Prince like levels of crazy this dude is bringing. Read the article about him in the recent issue of GQ, shit will blow your mind.

You must have a thing for rappers who don't write their own rhymes.

"Getting Jiggy With it" must be a top five.

Some quick answers.

You must have a thing for rappers who don't write their own rhymes.

"Getting Jiggy With it" must be a top five.

Again you've yet to be able to show proof of any of this shit. The same dude who "writes" Wayne's lyrics has put out an amazing number of simply awful mixtapes and albums. Just like I have never seen believable proof that someone wrote Biggie's lyrics, I've never seen any believable proof that Gillie wrote any of Wayne's MODERN lyrics. I'm really well versed in the mix tape scene man. Gillie doesn't write like Wayne does. I have no problem believing that when Wayne was coming up in Cash Money Gillie ghost wrote for him, since Wayne's earlier records are full of bullshit simplistic raps that sound like the kind of bullshit simplist raps Gillie is known for.

However once dude started w/ Da Drought series prior to the release of the first Carter you can tell the kid is working out his own voice. Those first two Drought tapes are fucking brutal to listen to because of how awkward the dude's lyrics are. He was finally stepping up and trying to find who he was as a rapper. Pretty much from the second he jumped off with Da Drough series dude's been in a world of his own. I can agree that there is a noticable difference between the stuff he did before he was 19 and the stuff he's done after it however.

As for my top five rap songs in no real order

1. Children's Story - Slick Rick

2. Don't Ever Fucking Question That - Atmosphere

3. My Philosophy - Boogie Down Productions

4. Things Done Changed - Biggie

5. 4th Chamber ft Ghostface - Gza

maybe his rhymes did develop. i don't know and don't care enough to check, but the dude's delivery on record is just awful.

I don't care to listen to the records, but his delivery on the records is awful. What?

I'd be surprised that you don't find the delivery at least on shit like A Millie interesting.

maybe his rhymes did develop. i don't know and don't care enough to check, but the dude's delivery on record is just awful.

I don't care to listen to the records, but his delivery on the records is awful. What?

I'd be surprised that you don't find the delivery at least on shit like A Millie interesting.

on record (songs i've heard on the radio, guest spots) vs. his delivery during live shows

i don't really understand it, but to each his own.

on record (songs i've heard on the radio, guest spots) vs. his delivery during live shows

i don't really understand it, but to each his own.

the last few years he's been using a pretty weird style. Don't use edited radio songs though as those will make anyone sound fucked. His delivery live has more to do with the fact that the dude is running around and jumping off shit and is probably out of breath.

lol. I believe when I was reading Spin at the bookstore they labeled this man entertainer of the year or something close to it. To be fair, I really don't know much about lil wayne, but this is fucking terrible. And if we're talking about his lyrical abilities, I believe in this video he says 'all the girls in the club, uhhh!'. Brilliance. Nothing he does in this video shows any sort of talent at all.

lol. I believe when I was reading Spin at the bookstore they labeled this man entertainer of the year or something close to it. To be fair, I really don't know much about lil wayne, but this is fucking terrible. And if we're talking about his lyrical abilities, I believe in this video he says 'all the girls in the club, uhhh!'. Brilliance. Nothing he does in this video shows any sort of talent at all.

That isn't one of his rap songs. That's his first jump at trying R&B. Agree this song is awful.