Speaker question (Derp content!)

So I just bought some speakers and realized I completely neglected to get new cables for said speakers (DERP!).

Basically I'm looking for a cable that can connect to this speaker

[image]

To my Marantz Model 2252 receiver (which I believe uses the standard "bite down" connections)

[image]

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

looks like you need RCA cables. if anything you can buy rca cables with male connectors on both ends, and stirp the one side (thats what i did for my radio at work)

The speaker company actually recommend you use spade connectors

[image]

But I seem to be having a bitch of a time finding these online and the ones they have are pretty pricey, plus, I'm still not 100% on how I'd connect that to my receiver (I'm new to nicer shit). I'd rather try to not just rig something to work as that's how my old set up was in its entirety and I'd like to keep this a bit more legit.

looks like you need RCA cables. if anything you can buy rca cables with male connectors on both ends, and stirp the one side (thats what i did for my radio at work)

The speaker company actually recommend you use spade connectors

[image]

But I seem to be having a bitch of a time finding these online and the ones they have are pretty pricey, plus, I'm still not 100% on how I'd connect that to my receiver (I'm new to nicer shit). I'd rather try to not just rig something to work as that's how my old set up was in its entirety and I'd like to keep this a bit more legit.

now that i take a better look at it...totally makes sense. they spade connector is more or less a cover for going with naked wire.

best thing to do is go to a best buy or something and see what they got. me personally i usually just go with naked wire. no real difference besides that the copper wire wears quicker.

just take the speaker wire and put a banana plug on one end and leave the other end stripped. You can't use the spades on those speakers. I have no idea why they would tell you you could either. Unless I'm not seeing it correctly in the picture, they could have a second way to connect by twisting the female banana. If it doesn't twist, then get bananas from radio shack and some speaker wire. Don't go crazy on the quality. You're listening to hardcore music. And those things aren't B&Ws or anything....at least I don't think they are.

just take the speaker wire and put a banana plug on one end and leave the other end stripped. You can't use the spades on those speakers. I have no idea why they would tell you you could either. Unless I'm not seeing it correctly in the picture, they could have a second way to connect by twisting the female banana. If it doesn't twist, then get bananas from radio shack and some speaker wire. Don't go crazy on the quality. You're listening to hardcore music. And those things aren't B&Ws or anything....at least I don't think they are.

Yeah, my speakers (JBLs) are the same way and I just bought banana clips from Best Buy so I could plug them in. Works just fine for me.

Yeah, my speakers (JBLs) are the same way and I just bought banana clips from Best Buy so I could plug them in. Works just fine for me.

Yeah, I just use the bare wire. Just thread some of it through the hole when you unscrew the connection at the speaker and then tighten it.

Don't go crazy spending money on speaker wire. From what I've read, you won't be able to tell a difference unless you are using ridiculously expensive equipment (20 grand maybe). Even then it's a very minor difference, if any.

I get mine from Radio shack for under 10 bucks. Best Buy never has any cheap speaker wire, only Monster which is a total ripoff.