February Vinyl Collector of the Month, Grant Quick

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

I am really excited to share with you our February Vinyl Collector of the Month, Grant Quick. I have known Grant for quite some time since he has been one of the main folks behind Grey Flight Records (our buddy Zach has been the other person behind Grey Flight). We used to be Grey Flight's exclusive distributor and through this working relationship, we had also become friends. One thing I found out early on was that Grant had always been really passionate about collecting vinyl. When we originally started Vinyl Collective, friends like Grant were an early inspiration for starting the site. Grey Flight has put out killer records for the Cardinal Sin, Honor System, The Ghost, Colossal, Fear Before the March of Flames, and more. Now that Grey Flight isn't quite so active, Grant spends a better part of his day at IndieClick. If you are ever looking for a great option for online advertising, Grant is your man.

Thanks Grant for taking the time to do this interview. Please read on as Grant explains his first and recent purchases, why he collects vinyl, and what record he would love to see pressed on vinyl.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/02/0....h-grant-q uick/

VC: What release would you like to see come out on vinyl that hasn’t yet been released?

GQ:I would love to see Lucero’s latest. This needs to happen. Actually, I could also say I would like to see Thorns of Life come out on vinyl.

Nothing has been released yet, so why not start with an LP. Am I right?

This man has good tastes

Grant sent me all 5 colors of the Honor System 10" back when it was released. I even had to send the check twice because I made it out to Grey Flight instead of Grant. Julie was all like, "Dude!" and I was all like, "Sorry!" And then I got all the records, bound in a piece of vellum stuck together with an Honor System sticker. That was the first multiple copy purchase I ever made.

Moral of the story: Thanks for opening that door, Grant.

Seafoamgreen thanks for the kind words. I am glad I could break you in that way!

For anyone who cares, that Weakerthans record could now be yours. enjoy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Weakerthans-Left-Leaving-RARE-vinyl-lp-ltd-300_W0QQitemZ160313689063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item160313689063&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318