Parody LP covers

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[image][image]

Sidenote: Whoa, I have an old cdr that cris of Sanbox sent me in high school (something about not going to prom). Weird that other people knew who they were.

My actual point of quoting is that supposedly Saves The Day copied their artwork for Through Being Cool from another band, A New Kind of American Saint. I googled saves the day, through being cool, vinyl a few days ago and came across a weird blog relating to Gabe of cobrastarship being gay (who's incidently enough in the TBC artwork pictures). http://www.popnography.com/2008/10/the-boys----and.html#more

[image]

The rest of the pictures are seriously Not Safe For Work, BJs and Buttsex, else I'd post them.

"You might right member Shana's Out.com interview with Gabe earlier this year during which he reminisced about the particularly -- and surprisingly -- queer artwork of several hardcore bands he loved as a youth:

'I remember growing up there was this hardcore band from Florida called A New Kind of American Saint, and they had in their artwork this one dude from the band who just fucking put everyone else's dicks in his mouth! And he was totally not gay, but I thought that was so rad. And do you remember the Through Being Cool artwork by Saves the Day? Remember how it was like, where's Dave? They copied the whole thing, and at the end and it was like, oh, he's getting his dick sucked by some other dude!'”

[image][image]

Sidenote: Whoa, I have an old cdr that cris of Sanbox sent me in high school (something about not going to prom). Weird that other people knew who they were.

i'm from new jersey so i would see them at birch hill all the time. i had some old demo cdr of theirs too, don't know what happened to it though

[image][image]

My actual point of quoting is that supposedly Saves The Day copied their artwork for Through Being Cool from another band, A New Kind of American Saint. I googled saves the day, through being cool, vinyl a few days ago and came across a weird blog relating to Gabe of cobrastarship being gay (who's incidently enough in the TBC artwork pictures). http://www.popnography.com/2008/10/the-boys----and.html#more

[image]

The rest of the pictures are seriously Not Safe For Work, BJs and Buttsex, else I'd post them.

"You might right member Shana's Out.com interview with Gabe earlier this year during which he reminisced about the particularly -- and surprisingly -- queer artwork of several hardcore bands he loved as a youth:

'I remember growing up there was this hardcore band from Florida called A New Kind of American Saint, and they had in their artwork this one dude from the band who just fucking put everyone else's dicks in his mouth! And he was totally not gay, but I thought that was so rad. And do you remember the Through Being Cool artwork by Saves the Day? Remember how it was like, where's Dave? They copied the whole thing, and at the end and it was like, oh, he's getting his dick sucked by some other dude!'”

You misunderstood the quote -- this band copied Through Being Cool's artwork to make fun of the band. Chris told me this story a year or so ago; the band got invited to some party down in Florida, and when they showed up there, everyone was being really weird around them, then someone handed them the CD and once the band got to the last page (the dick-in-mouth thing), everyone started laughing at them and STD left.