Vinyl Collective/SuburbanHome SXSW party announced

Guest admin1338560633

I am very excited to announce Suburban Home’s first party at South by Southwest. I have gone a handful of times as a very happy attendant, but this is the first time we have thrown together a show of any kind. We have secured many of our own bands as well as some bands that are dear friends. I am still working on a beer sponsor as it is my full intention for beer to flow like water on

[image]

Friday, March 14th. Our party will begin at noon and go til 8pm at Headhunters. Headhunters is located at 720 Red River right in the middle of everything. Headhunters has an indoor and outdoor venue, our party is indoors. Make sure you get their early as the place is really small and I can see us having to turn folks away. There is no cost and no bracelet/badge needed. I really hope all of you can make it out.

We will have the following acts performing at our party:

Jon Snodgrass (from Drag the River)

Two Cow Garage

Playing Favorites

Joey Cape (acoustic set)

Teenage Bottlerocket

Scott Reynolds and the Steaming Beast

Limbeck

Portugal the Man

Ghost Buffalo

Jr. Juggernaut

O Pioneers!!! (performing with the Paper Moons)

A couple side notes. Jon Snodgrass will be performing his set with Two Cow Garage. I think they might trade off songs, play songs together, and throw in a few surprises for everyone. Joey Cape has agreed to do an acoustic set to warm up the Playing Favorites’ set. And Portugal the Man will more than likely do a special unplugged set for our show. I am so excited.

If Virgil wants to fly my ass down to Austin, I'll videotape this beyotch. I could probably scare up a crew down there as well since there are a million film school kids who go to SXSW.

yes please!