PO: Glassjaw - EYEWTKAS

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be bummed if the version of Convectuoso from the Ry Ry's Song single is the one being pressed... it sounds like ass. Such a good song, too...

it will be, it's the only one Roadrunner really owns the recording rights to. it was good back in the day before the W&T version blew the pants off of it! i will be bummed if the bonus track after Motel Of The White Locust isn't on here. i kinda wish they wouldn't include the bonus songs at all. it's going to really mess up the sequence and ending.

is someone going to tackle the W&T pressing now and fight Roadrunner for the usage of the "finished" Convectuoso? i wannntttt.

To those who ordered this off Interpunk... i did so and they charged me when i placed my order, despite the fact it's not out for another couple of weeks. Anyone else had this problem? Pretty sure no big online retailers charge until the goods leave them?

did you pay via paypal? if so, then yes they will do that.

I'll be bummed if the version of Convectuoso from the Ry Ry's Song single is the one being pressed... it sounds like ass. Such a good song, too...

it will be, it's the only one Roadrunner really owns the recording rights to. it was good back in the day before the W&T version blew the pants off of it! i will be bummed if the bonus track after Motel Of The White Locust isn't on here. i kinda wish they wouldn't include the bonus songs at all. it's going to really mess up the sequence and ending.

is someone going to tackle the W&T pressing now and fight Roadrunner for the usage of the "finished" Convectuoso? i wannntttt.

Well I had been bugging Roadrunner forever to press this. I told them I would order enough of these for my store to make it worth their while and they could do a limited run so and that Id buy them all so there would be no risk for them in pressing it and finally they came back to me end of last year and said they were adding this to their release schedule. Hopefully this does really well and I can go to WB and see if they will press W&T. GJ is such a tiny band for RR and WB so they arent much of a priority for the labels.

Well I had been bugging Roadrunner forever to press this. I told them I would order enough of these for my store to make it worth their while and they could do a limited run so and that Id buy them all so there would be no risk for them in pressing it and finally they came back to me end of last year and said they were adding this to their release schedule. Hopefully this does really well and I can go to WB and see if they will press W&T. GJ is such a tiny band for RR and WB so they arent much of a priority for the labels.

understandable, most people associated with RR back when this album came out were very vocal about not being fans of the band and not "getting it". drove me crazy considering what other bands were just around the bend (Chimaira, 36 Crazyfists, Nickelback!!, Anyone, Ill Niño, etc). this was the release I was most excited to work on and Glassjaw were so unhappy with RR right off the bat.

Ross brought Amen and Glassjaw to Virgin/Warner Brothers under I Am so I'm sure neither sold well enough to be considered profitable. I would be impressed if you could talk WB into a pressing of W&T. it would not be proper without the finished Convectuoso though, I wish RR would let it go.

understandable, most people associated with RR back when this album came out were very vocal about not being fans of the band and not "getting it". drove me crazy considering what other bands were just around the bend (Chimaira, 36 Crazyfists, Nickelback!!, Anyone, Ill Niño, etc). this was the release I was most excited to work on and Glassjaw were so unhappy with RR right off the bat.

Ross brought Amen and Glassjaw to Virgin/Warner Brothers under I Am so I'm sure neither sold well enough to be considered profitable. I would be impressed if you could talk WB into a pressing of W&T. it would not be proper without the finished Convectuoso though, I wish RR would let it go.

Just hoping this sells really well and WB realizes they can make some cash from pressing up some GJ vinyl. They are pressing/repressing everything else in their back catalog so why not a little GJ? If EYEWTKAS doesnt sell very well then I can almost guarantee W&T vinyl will never see the light of day.

The bonus tracks aren't on the vinyl version? God damn I'm gonna order this now then.

I have the one-sheet for this right here and it doesnt really specify. It only has one track listing on the page and it includes the 2 bonus tracks. In the description it says the CD has bonus tracks and in the next paragraph it says it will be released on vinyl for the first time. No where on the page does it say that the vinyl doesnt include the bonus tracks but from the description it kinda makes it sound like it doesnt. Really hope they are on there tho.