anyone own original album art?

mclz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the original drawings for the Queers "Look Ma" 7" (by chris applegren) and the "Suck This" 12" (by b-face). i also have the orginal photos used for the cover of the Screeching Weasel "ramones" record and the "happy, horny..." 7". the dude from selfless was selling all that off like 10 years ago, so i picked it up. i also got a few other odds and ends from him.... the test prints of the Weasel/Queers show shirts he made, but on the same material as his tour edition sleeves. the final art that was used for the back cover of SW tour edition... the only thing that was more money than i was willing to pay at the time was the original drawing of the Queers converse logo by b-face. it was like a $150. haha... that seemed like a shit load then.

and though not the original art, i ran into chris applegren once and after getting wasted got him to draw me the Queers cat and the Green Day flower. my buddy got the MTX silouette girl. that one was rad.

oh, and on the HWM stuff, my friend has the original painting from the "you can take the boy..." 7". its fucking rad. way smaller than you'd think.

A lot of the 12" cover art is actually 10" or less, in its original form. Wheels is an exception. Some of the earlier stuff is like 10" wide by 15" or something.

i have the original drawings for the Queers "Look Ma" 7" (by chris applegren) and the "Suck This" 12" (by b-face). i also have the orginal photos used for the cover of the Screeching Weasel "ramones" record and the "happy, horny..." 7". the dude from selfless was selling all that off like 10 years ago, so i picked it up. i also got a few other odds and ends from him.... the test prints of the Weasel/Queers show shirts he made, but on the same material as his tour edition sleeves. the final art that was used for the back cover of SW tour edition... the only thing that was more money than i was willing to pay at the time was the original drawing of the Queers converse logo by b-face. it was like a $150. haha... that seemed like a shit load then.

and though not the original art, i ran into chris applegren once and after getting wasted got him to draw me the Queers cat and the Green Day flower. my buddy got the MTX silouette girl. that one was rad.

i thought jesse michaels did the green day flower

Hey Justin do you have the original art for black mambas anywhere? i want it!

i don't have any OP original art. The closest thing I have is the original sketch that Mitch Clem(of the Damn the O Pioneers variant cover) did as a throw away before BM came out, when he was on tour with them.

...and no you cannot buy it.

No original album art, but I have a drawing supposedly done by Brendan Kelly. It's just pencil on paper and I got it from this girl I used to date. She used to do a zine and said that he drew it in her notebook when she interviewed him once. She turned out to be a huge liar though so for all I know she could have just drawn it herself and signed his name down in the corner.

No original album art, but I have a drawing supposedly done by Brendan Kelly. It's just pencil on paper and I got it from this girl I used to date. She used to do a zine and said that he drew it in her notebook when she interviewed him once. She turned out to be a huge liar though so for all I know she could have just drawn it herself and signed his name down in the corner.

if it's barely legible handwriting it's probably his...

if it's barely legible handwriting it's probably his...

It kind of is. I should take a picture of it and post it or something. It's just a drawing of some guy saying to himself "life is depressing" or something like that.

I've also got all the original stuff for the Big Rig 7"

end thread.

fuuuuuck. Steve, when i eventually make out to California can I come over just to look at them in person? How big are the drawings?

I haven't taken them out in awhile but they're probably around 10 or 12 inches