I hate the post office, but I love...

I used to live right across from this really nice, modernized post office which (I think) was the hub for a big portion of Cleveland. The clerks were super-friendly, the lobby was open 24 hours a day and they had one of those automated postage machines (which ruled when I was mailing out Somerset promo CDs -- I'd just go over there at 2am and plow through a few hundred with no one else there).

Since I moved, that post office is pretty out of the way from me now, and there's a new one I go to on my lunch break to mail vinyl out. It is the worst. It's almost always the same guy working (middle aged, black, missing teeth). Dude is lazy as a motherfucker. I went in there the other day to mail a package to my girlfriend and asked for delivery confirmation on it. He said, "You know, we have those slips over there" [points to the table behind me] "--you could've put it on here before coming up to the counter."

(Keep in mind because of his missing teeth, I couldn't make out what he was saying and had to ask him to repeat it.)

Like, seriously? It's your fucking JOB, dude! Don't fucking groan and sigh when I walk in with three packages that need to be mailed!

One time, I brought in a bill I had to mail that needed postage. He handed me the stamp and said, "You can mail it over there," and pointed to the mail slot. Are you for fucking real?

I used to live right across from this really nice, modernized post office which (I think) was the hub for a big portion of Cleveland. The clerks were super-friendly, the lobby was open 24 hours a day and they had one of those automated postage machines (which ruled when I was mailing out Somerset promo CDs -- I'd just go over there at 2am and plow through a few hundred with no one else there).

Since I moved, that post office is pretty out of the way from me now, and there's a new one I go to on my lunch break to mail vinyl out. It is the worst. It's almost always the same guy working (middle aged, black, missing teeth). Dude is lazy as a motherfucker. I went in there the other day to mail a package to my girlfriend and asked for delivery confirmation on it. He said, "You know, we have those slips over there" [points to the table behind me] "--you could've put it on here before coming up to the counter."

(Keep in mind because of his missing teeth, I couldn't make out what he was saying and had to ask him to repeat it.)

Like, seriously? It's your fucking JOB, dude! Don't fucking groan and sigh when I walk in with three packages that need to be mailed!

One time, I brought in a bill I had to mail that needed postage. He handed me the stamp and said, "You can mail it over there," and pointed to the mail slot. Are you for fucking real?

HAHAHAHA

the blad black guy who works at my post offices nickname is milkdud

one guy at my post office used to collect vinyl. He always sees me coming and going with records, so he gave me his email address and phone number. I kinda figured he'd be full of shit and have nothing but old Chicago records and stuff, except that he's in his 50s and seems pretty hip. Today he told me he was looking for his original MC5 Kick Out The Jams ("Back from when it originally said "motherfucker"... pretty dumb that they changed it").

As soon as I get back from Denver, I'm calling this dude and raiding his house. I'm pretty stoked because he said he's not REALLY actively trying to get rid of stuff, and I'm the only person he's offered to sell to. I'll make a thread if this turns out to rule as much as I'm hoping it will.

I have a few older key wants that I've been after for a while, so let me know if you go over there soon.

Will do. I'm gonna take notes on some things I think. I'm so excited I could wet myself. I also had a really bad experience with someone making me an offer like this... I'll have to recount that one in another thread. Dude was adamant about me putting on fucking lotion for some reason!

no but really.

thailand post is fine.they take care vinyl or fargile stuffs as well but i hate customs departments.

they ever shocked me by imported tax around 40 usd per record....

woah, that´s a lot. Last time they charged me I had to pay like 7 Euro import tax for a $50 record from Japan

thailand customs always think record online buyers are a richman but i'm not....