I hate the post office, but I love...

Vinyl...

I got my Interceptions Del Oso LPS today, and they look amazing, but of course thanks to the Wilmington Post office, who doesn't give a shit about anything their is at least 1 corner bent on each one...made me sad to see the damage, but happy to finally have the records in my possession..

I can't wait to play this when I go back to my parents house in two weeks...

How is everyone else looking...

one guy at my post office used to collect vinyl. He always sees me coming and going with records, so he gave me his email address and phone number. I kinda figured he'd be full of shit and have nothing but old Chicago records and stuff, except that he's in his 50s and seems pretty hip. Today he told me he was looking for his original MC5 Kick Out The Jams ("Back from when it originally said "motherfucker"... pretty dumb that they changed it").

As soon as I get back from Denver, I'm calling this dude and raiding his house. I'm pretty stoked because he said he's not REALLY actively trying to get rid of stuff, and I'm the only person he's offered to sell to. I'll make a thread if this turns out to rule as much as I'm hoping it will.

one guy at my post office used to collect vinyl. He always sees me coming and going with records, so he gave me his email address and phone number. I kinda figured he'd be full of shit and have nothing but old Chicago records and stuff, except that he's in his 50s and seems pretty hip. Today he told me he was looking for his original MC5 Kick Out The Jams ("Back from when it originally said "motherfucker"... pretty dumb that they changed it").

As soon as I get back from Denver, I'm calling this dude and raiding his house. I'm pretty stoked because he said he's not REALLY actively trying to get rid of stuff, and I'm the only person he's offered to sell to. I'll make a thread if this turns out to rule as much as I'm hoping it will.

haha, thats awesome. one of the mail ladies at my post office said she had a bunch of records in her car that she was gonna give to the goodwill store later that day. she offered them to me for some amount of money, but i declined... i should've looked through them though.

I have a few older key wants that I've been after for a while, so let me know if you go over there soon.

My post office is great. It's right down the block from my house. One weekedays, I stop on my way to work between 7:30 and 8 a.m. and I'm the only person in there. If I go on a Saturday, I walk over and the wait isn't bad. All the people there are really nice and they think it's amazing how much some people will pay for records.

Vinyl...

doesn't give a shit about anything their is at least 1 corner bent on each one...made me sad to see the damage, but happy to finally have the records in my possession...

This is the same for me, except with my Envy records. A tad bit depressing that they have dinged corners, but as long as the record is alright I'll live.

my post office is slow but otherwise cool. fortunately my wife can drop records in the mail from work without going to the post office so I hardly have to go there.

however, my mail box is 14" wide. beautiful.

haha please tell me you bought a wide mailbox just for records!

maybe? ok, yes I did. It was either that or have them leave boxes on the stoop where they may get stepped on or rained on. hooray for my wife supporting my habit.