Turntable troubleshooting

Alright, so this is getting upsetting. I recently bought a Rega P1 and a Marantz 2252 receiver (http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2252.html).

There seems to be some buzzing coming out the right speaker. If I switch the speaker plug ins it comes from the other speaker (so it's not the speaker). I took the receiver to a local repair shop and the guy said it was fine.

So, I'm down to the turntable. Any idea what this could be? It's the right speaker and it's not a major noise it's just some muffling and distortion. If you're not listening for it, you don't even hear it, but when you know it's there, it's there on ever record on every song.

Any ideas, I'm pissed I paid so much for a new set up and now I'm listening to records less than before because of this.

i've had issues like this twice. once it was not grounded properly. the other time (sounds more like your problem) one of the 4 colored wires from cartridge to tonearm wasn't connected properly. trying playing with those a bit.

This is probably correct assuming the noise isn't present with other sources (CD player, iPod, etc).