WTF Tim Barry

Once drove 3 1/2 hours to see Propagandhi. That date: 9/11/01. Needless to say, that was a less than fruitful excursion.

i know exactly where that show was supposed to be... i was supposed to work at the bar that night. got out to lawrence and found out it was cancelled... the next day i worked at another club doing a rollins band show... it was an awkward day to say the least.

I went to the show they played a couple years ago or something. Definitely had a few things to say about touring while that happened. Then two stupid ass girls got in a physical fight because one of them said "fuck our troops." I don't remember which member of the band said, "Witness humanity, there is no hope. If you want to fight, take your shirts off and get the fuck out of here." He then said something about how they both completely misunderstood what they were about.

i know exactly where that show was supposed to be... i was supposed to work at the bar that night. got out to lawrence and found out it was cancelled... the next day i worked at another club doing a rollins band show... it was an awkward day to say the least.

I went to the show they played a couple years ago or something. Definitely had a few things to say about touring while that happened. Then two stupid ass girls got in a physical fight because one of them said "fuck our troops." I don't remember which member of the band said, "Witness humanity, there is no hope. If you want to fight, take your shirts off and get the fuck out of here." He then said something about how they both completely misunderstood what they were about.

Titty fighting is what they're about, apparently.

Titty fighting is what they're about, apparently.

Nice.

Thanks for the explanation, Matt.

I'm still mighty bummed about it, but at least I know what the deal was now. :-/

Whiskey and Co cancelled last minute. The show was already going to be tough since it was HOH weekend and spring break here in Gainesville. The Atlantic closed early the night before because only 4 people came in all night long. So, when the only local and typically strong draw cancelled the promoter talked to the bands to see if they wanted try and do the show anyway knowing that attendance might be low and money might be tight. Everyone decided it was for the best to not have the show. It was a bummer.

Guest Admin

alright friends, here is the story I just got:

For some reason, Whiskey and Co's drummer decided not to play the show (I haven't spoken to him to find out why), and since he helped set up the show, somehow word spread that the show was canceled. Tim and Austin began getting calls that the show was canceled. Word of mouth spread so much about the show being canceled, someone at the Atlantic decided to put a note on the door saying the show was canceled. Whiskey and Co's drummer decided later to play the show, but by this point, the damage was done.

Let me also say that Whiskey and co's drummer is a super nice guy, I like him a lot. I would think that there is more to the story than this, but this is how Austin and Tim were explained that things went down.