Green Day Dookie - 180 Gram includes CD

thats silly. Wouldnt everyone who is interested in the vinyl already have owned the cd for years? $21 is pretty expensive

Because they know people like me will buy it anyway. I have a black vinyl first pressing, 2 copies on cd, and 2 copies on cassette. This is my all time favorite album so I'll probably buy this just to have another vinyl copy.

They should reissue Nimrod and make it a 180 gram 2LP. I have the ultra rare vinyl version of Nimrod and it has 10 songs on side 1 and 8 on side 2. It might sound even better on 180 gm vinyl and more spread out. I saw a quote from an interview one time where Mike Dirnt said it was originally supposed to be a 2LP.

doesn't need the CD, does it?? i'd love to own this on vinyl. so pricey, though.

Not really that pricey considering the ones that are being advertised as new (black, blue, yellow, light pink vinyl) are bootlegs and selling for $30-40.

I understand exactly what you are saying...but I still think $21 is a bit pricey for a reissue of a 15 year old punk record.

Every major-label reissue is way too expensive. They think that since vinyl is back, there is a market for overpriced audiophile editions of their entire backcatalog. Maybe they're right, and people are snapping these up. All I know is I saw The Stray Cats - Built For Speed on $20 180 gram vinyl at a record shop, laughed, and went home and spun my 50 cent original press copy that I chose from among 3-4 copies in the used bin. It sounded perfect.

Insound has a boot for 33, and I'm glad I didn't buy it. Seriously, unless you have an original or an over priced boot, this is a pretty decent price.

and be honest, are you going to tell me your Dookie CD isn't scratched to shit?

Lol... This was the very first CD I bought. Totally scratched to shit. Will be buying, and will be enjoying a shiny new CD as well.

Guest streetcore
Insound has a boot for 33, and I'm glad I didn't buy it. Seriously, unless you have an original or an over priced boot, this is a pretty decent price.

Lol... This was the very first CD I bought. Totally scratched to shit. Will be buying, and will be enjoying a shiny new CD as well.

It was my first too! I got it christmas 94' with my first of many discmans(shit cost $130 in 1994).

It was my first too! I got it christmas 94' with my first of many discmans(shit cost $130 in 1994).

Haha.. yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the same year I got one of these babies;

[image]

Guest streetcore

It's funny how the price of electronics have gone down. I bought a Panasonic dvd player when they first came out in 2000. It cost $300 but i got to 10 crappy dvds of my choice and it came with a hardshell carrying case so you can take it to friends houses. I remember trying to pawn it once when i was broke and the pawnshop wouldn't take it because the owner didn't think the format would catch on.

I have one of the original copies with Ernie on the back and the disc is in mint shape. I guess I take care of my stuff *shrugs*

<3 Erik