Bouncing Souls / Dillinger Four tonight in Atlanta

I went to this in Baltimore the other night, had a great time. There were a couple times I noticed that the Souls messed up lyrics, but it was such a great setlist. Most of the hits, a few new ones, Greg did a cover of "hybrid moments" acoustically, and Dave Hause of the Loved Ones joined them on guitar for "true believers". Also, they finished with my favorite song (possibly by any band ever), "freaks, nerds, and romantics".

I enjoyed Dillinger Four a lot, but Paddy does that NOFX thing where they could have fit 5 more songs in had he not been talking constantly. It's funny, but I'd rather get more music!

Just got back to Alabama from this. All in all was totally worth it.

The AKAs were more entertaining then I expected.

D4 was awesome. Probably the best I've seen them yet. They played a nice balance of all the albums, so that was sweet.

The Souls, like Little Jonny Hormone said above, fucked around a lot. They played Hopeless Romantic twice, and most of the other songs you would expect (ie: Hybrid Moments acoustic cover). Greg didn't seem too into it for most of the show, which seems to be a reoccurring theme anymore when I see them.

Still, definitely check it out if it's coming around by you. Good times were had.

I've seen them at least twice a year for the past couple years. Greg continues to stare with a blank expression. Sometimes he has an eyebrow raised. And he does weird pivots. What's with the weird pivots?

Pete slowly looks more and more worn out.

Mike seems to be trying to throw in too many fills and extra stuff that is unnecessary for simple punk rock.

Brian seems into it the most, and you can tell when he's been getting pissed.

At some points they seemed like a high school band fucking around in between songs.

I still keep coming back. They keep it fresh.

Could the end be near?

I went to this in Baltimore the other night, had a great time. There were a couple times I noticed that the Souls messed up lyrics, but it was such a great setlist. Most of the hits, a few new ones, Greg did a cover of "hybrid moments" acoustically, and Dave Hause of the Loved Ones joined them on guitar for "true believers". Also, they finished with my favorite song (possibly by any band ever), "freaks, nerds, and romantics".

I enjoyed Dillinger Four a lot, but Paddy does that NOFX thing where they could have fit 5 more songs in had he not been talking constantly. It's funny, but I'd rather get more music!

this show was great... highlight was definitely....

"Conichiwa.... D 4.... FUCKING AWESOME!"

hahaha

I saw D4 the other night and it was amazing. I love the Souls, but haven't heard anything good about their live show in years.

the 3 songs i watched when they played th HOB in Chicago a while back with the Larry Arms and Shot Baker sounded as good as they've sounded in years...but I left to go see some other show. They sounded good at the Fest, but they were playing only old songs...so that doesn't count.

I saw D4 the other night and it was amazing. I love the Souls, but haven't heard anything good about their live show in years.

the 3 songs i watched when they played th HOB in Chicago a while back with the Larry Arms and Shot Baker sounded as good as they've sounded in years...but I left to go see some other show. They sounded good at the Fest, but they were playing only old songs...so that doesn't count.

I saw them on the Anchors Aweigh tour and remember them being pretty good. It seems like they either play old stuff and kill it or just kind of fuck around anymore. I definitely would like to go see them again but I'm afraid I'll be really disappointed.

i skipped seeing D4 live the other night. apparently the show was pretty weird, hearing from my friends.

James,

the only thing weird about that show was that Deep Sleep slayed. Psyched to Die were ok.

the Brokedowns nearly stole the show.

and

D4 had a fill-in drummer(Ronnie from the Arrivals) who played everything faster and harder than Lane does. It was one of the top 3 times seeing them play ever.

the sing-along at the end of Gainesville is giving me chills thinking about it.